What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths to make the finals?

Raider_69

Post Whore
What drugs have the people saying this will happen taken?
they have signed Cusak, Hegerty and a new coach, hardly big name signings

im at a loss as to how Cusak an average front rower, Hegarty an decent centre and McCre a relatively untested coach will turn them from wooden spooners to top 8 contenders.

Add to that teams that were above them like Parramatta and the Warriors have made greater improvements to their squads, so not only will they have to over come clubs like West Tigers, Canberra, Newcastle and co that were already a fair distance ahead of them they now have to contender and over come clubs like Parramatta and Warriors who have made greater improvements to their squad.

They lack key men at vital positions, Joey Williams is good but they lack a quality 5/8th, hooker and fullback.

Their back row is very nice but there is alot of quality back row's in the NRL.

So could someone explain to me how they will make the top 8?

Souths are no doubt on the improve, give them

hitman82

Bench
It's just nice to bet on a near-impossibility, if it comes off you feel clever :lol:
I seriously don't think they will be 15th, or even 14th, I'd bet a hat-eating ceremony on it!

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
dont forget shane richardson is there too...with good people off the field, who know what they are doing, this can only be a positive step. fair enough they havent signed any out and out stars, but with the backroom looking good, this will transfer onto the field. souths have struggled behind the scenes, with all the sackings and so on, the unease has transferred onto the field in previous seasons, for once the place has a positive vibe about it.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
i dont think souths wil be wooden spooners this season....got a feeling there gonna move up a rung or two on the ladder this season

Raider_69

Post Whore
Dirty Hoe said:
dont forget shane richardson is there too...with good people off the field, who know what they are doing, this can only be a positive step. fair enough they havent signed any out and out stars, but with the backroom looking good, this will transfer onto the field. souths have struggled behind the scenes, with all the sackings and so on, the unease has transferred onto the field in previous seasons, for once the place has a positive vibe about it.

hmm well said but i cant see a turn around of that proportions in one season

and i have doubts weather Cusak and Hegerty are bigger name signings than Adamson and Smith - Adamson and smith have both played for their country, where Cusak is very average and Hegerty has run his rep race. Reguardless what does it have to do with canberra Whippet?

I honestly cant see anything but the spoon, if injuries are kind maybe 14th spot for them

Iafeta

Referee
Raider_69 said:
Dirty Hoe said:

and i have doubts weather Cusak and Hegerty are bigger name signings than Adamson and Smith - Adamson and smith have both played for their country, where Cusak is very average and Hegerty has run his rep race. Reguardless what does it have to do with canberra Whippet?

I honestly cant see anything but the spoon, if injuries are kind maybe 14th spot for them

Yes they did, both played on the '84 tour of the UK didn't they? :lol:

Cusack is a good worker, Heggarty can make a break or can have egg on his face, whereas in contrast the Raiders halves always have egg on their face.

The operative words are "bigger name signings", on form Cusack and Heggarty are better buys.

God-King Dean

Immortal
im at a loss as to how Cusak an average front rower, Hegarty an decent centre and McCre a relatively untested coach will turn them from wooden spooners to top 8 contenders.

Definatly not next year, but over time maybe

Raider_69

Post Whore
Iafeta said:
Raider_69 said:
Dirty Hoe said:

Cusack is a good worker, Heggarty can make a break or can have egg on his face, whereas in contrast the Raiders halves always have egg on their face.

The operative words are "bigger name signings", on form Cusack and Heggarty are better buys.

reguardless of that, my question had little to do with canberra
but infact relating to how many acually think that souths are top 8 bound

If possible id like to keep a thread involving a raiders fan in the general NRL section on topic. Though with the likes of you about i some how doubt thats possible.

Canberra may or may not win the spoon but the topic here is will souths make the 8. IMO there is no way in hell they will make the 8

Iafeta

Referee
Raider_69 said:
Iafeta said:
Raider_69 said:
Dirty Hoe said:

If possible id like to keep a thread involving a raiders fan in the general NRL section on topic. Though with the likes of you about i some how doubt thats possible.

Canberra may or may not win the spoon but the topic here is will souths make the 8. IMO there is no way in hell they will make the 8

Rather ironic given 99% of fans on here need for their sanity the Tigers and Raiders fans to kiss and make up

Your comment was regarding Adamson and Smith being better name signings than Cusack and Heggarty, and you struggle then to see how criticism can't be made of your Canberra-ised comparison?! :roll:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Iafeta said:
Raider_69 said:
Iafeta said:
Raider_69 said:
Dirty Hoe said:

Rather ironic given 99% of fans on here need for their sanity the Tigers and Raiders fans to kiss and make up

Your comment was regarding Adamson and Smith being better name signings than Cusack and Heggarty, and you struggle then to see how criticism can't be made of your Canberra-ised comparison?! :roll:

I retailiated to a back handed comment by The Whippet and hoped that would be the death of it, lord knows there are enough _____ V Raiders spoon threads, for once id like to see a thread stay on topic. But as said with people like you running about, i doubt its possible.

Your still yet to answer the question, do you think souths are any chance to make the top 8.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Hegarty's rep scene run it's pace, what in 2003? As opposed to Jason Smiths in about 1897?

Muhahaha!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Iafeta said:
No I don't.

Why make another thread if you're responding to someone else? :roll:

your an out and out idiot :roll:
my comments about adamson and smith being bigger NAME signing than hegs and cusak were in retaliation to a post in THIS thread by the whippet, another moron who cant seem to keep something on topic.

This thread was started after reading a number of people proclaiming souths would crack the top 8 which for the life of me i cant understand.

Now ffs Iafeta, take you anti-raiders bullshit and post it in one of the many threads that caters for it, lord knows there's plenty of them, no need for you to come here dribbling shit and making another