What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths to make the finals?

The Whippet

Juniors
Watch out for Todd Polglase, he is a quality youngster, besides Adam MacDougall was a revelation for South Sydney when he played at fullback, 312 metres gained against the Wests Tigers when he was fullback.

Greenblooded

Juniors
They have a superb centre pairing of Shannon Hegarty and Adam MacDougall, one of the best in the game.

Considering they have played most of their careers on the wing I don't really think they are one of the best centre pairings in the game, having said that I think they will go alright

Zetland Zoo

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
What drugs have the people saying this will happen taken?
they have signed Cusak, Hegerty and a new coach, hardly big name signings

im at a loss as to how Cusak an average front rower, Hegarty an decent centre and McCre a relatively untested coach will turn them from wooden spooners to top 8 contenders.

Add to that teams that were above them like Parramatta and the Warriors have made greater improvements to their squads, so not only will they have to over come clubs like West Tigers, Canberra, Newcastle and co that were already a fair distance ahead of them they now have to contender and over come clubs like Parramatta and Warriors who have made greater improvements to their squad.

They lack key men at vital positions, Joey Williams is good but they lack a quality 5/8th, hooker and fullback.

Their back row is very nice but there is alot of quality back row's in the NRL.

So could someone explain to me how they will make the top 8?

Souths are no doubt on the improve, give them

Nothing is impossible seven teams could go for over the cap after all.

fillapop

Juniors
i think with adam mcdougal there for the year they will....if he can stay fit...and dont say 1 player will make much difference..look at the knights with and den with out johns,,i know adam isnt a johns but he has the same effect

The Whippet

Juniors
Zetland Zoo said:
Raider_69 said:
What drugs have the people saying this will happen taken?
they have signed Cusak, Hegerty and a new coach, hardly big name signings

im at a loss as to how Cusak an average front rower, Hegarty an decent centre and McCre a relatively untested coach will turn them from wooden spooners to top 8 contenders.

Add to that teams that were above them like Parramatta and the Warriors have made greater improvements to their squads, so not only will they have to over come clubs like West Tigers, Canberra, Newcastle and co that were already a fair distance ahead of them they now have to contender and over come clubs like Parramatta and Warriors who have made greater improvements to their squad.

They lack key men at vital positions, Joey Williams is good but they lack a quality 5/8th, hooker and fullback.

Their back row is very nice but there is alot of quality back row's in the NRL.

So could someone explain to me how they will make the top 8?

Souths are no doubt on the improve, give them

Nothing is impossible seven teams could go for over the cap after all.

Well the Bulldogs have already fallen, come on 6 more.