What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward closing in on Harry Bath's record

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Soward passed the 200 point mark for the season last night. With four rounds plus the finals to play, he is closing in on Harry Bath's 50-year-old record at a rate of knots.

1958:
Harry Bath
225 points (3 tries, 108 goals)
21 games

2009 (to date):
Jamie Soward
203 points (11 tries, 77 goals, 5 field goals)
19 games

Sas2200

Juniors
he might hit 250!! would be interesting, cant remember last time we topped the points scorers list....actually, cant remember the last time we topped anything except top tryscorer, offloads, and errors at the end of the season!!!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hope Soward passes that mark on 21 games
That will make it a winner for sure.

Players play more games in a season nowadays, but Soward can take that argument out by simply scoring 22 points or more over the next two weeks. No sweat. ;-)

He scored 13 points last night, and is averaging 10.7 points per game, so it's game on.

Either way, just to challenge a 50-year-old record is an exceptional achievement imo.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I believe they do colesy.

Harry Bath's 21 games in 1958 would have included the semis and the grand final.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Don't think so. At least the first I've heard of it.

It's not like the players didn't score the points.

I'm sure Hazem El Masri's points scoring records include the finals. Why wouldn't they?

Harry Bath's 21 games included 18 in the minor premiership, a major semi-final, a preliminary final and a grand final (didn't miss a game all year).

MattYg1

Bench
lol funny thing about it is that if we turn up and turn it on against any team in the next 4 weeks Soward could get the record in one game...

Rodent

Bench
I hope Jamie passes the record in the next 2 games by more than 3 points to negate Harry Bath's three tries at 3 points each. Give Harry 4 point tries instead and the revised target is 228.

OurRedV

Juniors
Top effort by Sowie, he's a true legend and will be immortalised by the Dragon Army we will hand make a golden statue out the front of Jubilee oval if we can bag the trophy this season!

Actually the whole team should have golden statues incl Mr. Bennett.

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
As it is, it would take something out of this world for him NOT to get the 226 that would break it. At least 5 games to go, and a top 2 spot would guarantee another on (whether we win or lose in rd 27). A few conversions a game would bury the record, but we all know he has more in him.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I hope Jamie passes the record in the next 2 games by more than 3 points to negate Harry Bath's three tries at 3 points each. Give Harry 4 point tries instead and the revised target is 228.
lol. That old chestnut.

Field goals were worth 2 point in 1958. But I have no idea how many Harry kicked, if any. Back then the staticians just called them all 'goals'.

Harry Bath's record is special for the reason that it stood for 51 years.

Unless something extraordinary happens to Soward, the record will be broken in 2009.

Latest posts