What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sp cup

hgfds

Juniors
rlr is reporting that this will take place in sydney late sep-early oct,hopefully if a full tournament cant be financed they will start with the more affulent entrants nz maori,aboriginies etc and slowly build the event

yankeeboy

Juniors
I'm assuming this means "Pacific Cup"

It shouldn't be held in Sudney. It has to be in NZ or in a Pacific nation.

I like the idea of the "Asia-Pacific Cup" which was scheduled for Hawai'i in April 2002.

Group 1
America
Fiji
Cook Islands
Japan

Group 2
Australian Aborigines
Tonga
Aotearoa Maoris
Papua New Guinea

I think that the USA would be a great entry- and playing high-calibre opponents would help the Tomahawks develop into a better team.

hgfds

Juniors
According to the article 15 pacific nations had a meeting in sydney and agreed to remain part of the rlif and stage a tournament which could include 12 nations.I think sydney is a good choice as some nations will be able to call on oz based players ,the important thing is to actually start the tournament small and build upwards and expand to other venues ,how are they going to get funding for 12 nations if they try to do this they wont succeed.Surely would be better to start with the more affulent nations eg ,aboriginies,maori,usa,newcal and expand if funding becomes available

yankeeboy

Juniors
I agree- but a comp with just Aborigines, Maori, USA, and NewCal wouldn't be a comp- it'd be a final and a 3rd place match.

The Maori and Aborigines would just be too powerful for the USA and NC.
Also, if they are playing in Sydney and using Aus based players- funding wouldn't really matter. If they were flying amateurs across the Pacific-a different story.

Latest posts