What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spine wins comp

Woofy7

Juniors
Hey all,

With our spine settled for at least the next three years and Sam heading our pack, I'm expecting a premiership within that period.
I would be disappointed if we don't make our way back into the top 4 next year and possibly win a Comp in the next three.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Warriors went into last season with one of the best club spines ever assembled...
Need balance all across the park

rabbitohs95

Bench
Like Diego said we need balance all across the park which I think we're close to, but most importantly we need a gameplan that works and luck with injuries.

Our backs are pretty good but we're a big winger short of a great backline. With GI at the back, AJ staying conistent on one wing and Hunt and Gray having plenty of promise and improvement in them we seem set. Robert Jennings could fill the void but other than that it's either Gray or Goodwin so far with Braidon Burns and some other youngsters for depth 8/10.

The halves are fairly settled and compliment each other very well. We need Cody to overcome second year syndrome and Reyno to stay healthy. If they do they're one of the best and most balanced pairings in the comp. Luke Kelly is also a solid depth signing if we do get him. 8.5/10.

The hooking role is one of our question mark positions. Obviously Cook showed some great form at the back end of the year but Farah will surely want to play 80 minutes. Whether he can get the job done is yet to be seen. 7/10.

The front row stocks are fairly thin at the moment but apparently we're on the lookout for another prop. The Burgess twins really need to get over their injuries and start bringing in some leadership. Zane Musgrove will get better with age and the likes of Sam Burgess Dave Tyrrell, Jason Clark and Robbie Rochow can all fill in if need be. Probably our weakest position tbh. 6.5/10.

The backrow is a strength of ours lead by Sam Burgess and John Sutton with up and comers Angus Crichton, Tyrell Fuimaono and Jack Gosiewski as options. Kyle Turner looks to have overcome his mental demons and should lock up a spot on the right, and Robbie Rochow will be vying for a spot. 8/10.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Like Diego said we need balance all across the park which I think we're close to, but most importantly we need a gameplan that works and luck with injuries.

Our backs are pretty good but we're a big winger short of a great backline. With GI at the back, AJ staying conistent on one wing and Hunt and Gray having plenty of promise and improvement in them we seem set. Robert Jennings could fill the void but other than that it's either Gray or Goodwin so far with Braidon Burns and some other youngsters for depth 8/10.

The halves are fairly settled and compliment each other very well. We need Cody to overcome second year syndrome and Reyno to stay healthy. If they do they're one of the best and most balanced pairings in the comp. Luke Kelly is also a solid depth signing if we do get him. 8.5/10.

The hooking role is one of our question mark positions. Obviously Cook showed some great form at the back end of the year but Farah will surely want to play 80 minutes. Whether he can get the job done is yet to be seen. 7/10.

The front row stocks are fairly thin at the moment but apparently we're on the lookout for another prop. The Burgess twins really need to get over their injuries and start bringing in some leadership. Zane Musgrove will get better with age and the likes of Sam Burgess Dave Tyrrell, Jason Clark and Robbie Rochow can all fill in if need be. Probably our weakest position tbh. 6.5/10.

The backrow is a strength of ours lead by Sam Burgess and John Sutton with up and comers Angus Crichton, Tyrell Fuimaono and Jack Gosiewski as options. Kyle Turner looks to have overcome his mental demons and should lock up a spot on the right, and Robbie Rochow will be vying for a spot. 8/10.
For our backs I would go 7/10 though.

Hunt and Gray both need to find consistency.

AJ needs to get back to his best and R. Jennings is an unknown.

GI will be very good of course.

Bryson is solid but not fast.

Our depth isn't the best in the backs.

Just my view.

Hey all,

With our spine settled for at least the next three years and Sam heading our pack, I'm expecting a premiership within that period.
I would be disappointed if we don't make our way back into the top 4 next year and possibly win a Comp in the next three.

Hope so,but believe MM has to come up with different game plans.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hope so,but believe MM has to come up with different game plans.
I get what you're saying.

In attack we have to be more creative.

But to make the top 4-8 you've got to have strong go forward.

Hitting the ball up one out coming out of trouble even though some think it's wasting plays I say it's the sensible option and you have less chance of making errors by carting it out of your own half.

Our forwards have got to have energy in getting quicker play the balls too.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I think
I get what you're saying.

In attack we have to be more creative.

But to make the top 4-8 you've got to have strong go forward.

Hitting the ball up one out coming out of trouble even though some think it's wasting plays I say it's the sensible option and you have less chance of making errors by carting it out of your own half.

Our forwards have got to have energy in getting quicker play the balls too.
Our initial gameplan is fine we just need to spread the ball more and create more opportunities, not just hope we get penalties.

alien

Referee
For our backs I would go 7/10 though.

Hunt and Gray both need to find consistency.

AJ needs to get back to his best and R. Jennings is an unknown.

GI will be very good of course.

Bryson is solid but not fast.

Our depth isn't the best in the backs.

Just my view.

don't forget Burns!

Rabbits20

Immortal
don't forget Burns!
Yeah I know.

I rate GI, AJ, Gray, Goodwin, Hunt and Jennings all ahead of Burns though.

But yes Burns is a talent who needs more developing.

How long have we signed Burns for alien???

Don't forget Goolagong either or Locke who I think is on a train and trial contract at this stage.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Anyone know how long we signed Burns for??

My guess is 2 years.

Just checked zero tackle and that says he's signed until end of 2018.

I dont see how our spine is settled for at least the next 3 years when farar has signed on for 17 and 18 and theres no guarantee cook will be there in 3 years that ive heard ?