What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*spoiler* melbourne

Grantwhy

Juniors
There is obstruction, there is 2 players jostling for the ball and there is tackling a player without the ball in a try scoring opportunity [-X (and Matty Bowen still only just missed getting a hand onto the ball - if he didn't get that close maybe it would of only been a penalty?)

I must admit to being a little surprised to see a penalty try, but I am always surprised when a Video Ref decision goes the way of the Cowboys :lol:.

NPK

Bench
How can any ref be sure someone would have scored in any tryscoring situation? That's a silly argument. The ref can never be sure.
eg. it's always possible that a player drops the ball while bending down to place the ball over the line..it has happened before.

steaming stormer said:
Scotty Sattler got it spot on... worst decision of the year
I agree with Sattler rather than rely on (some)biased wankers from this forum giving honest opinions.

Grantwhy

Juniors
NPK said:
How can any ref be sure someone would have scored in any tryscoring situation? That's a silly argument. The ref can never be sure.
eg. it's always possible that a player drops the ball while bending down to place the ball over the line..it has happened before.

If that's the case then start a petition to have the Dragons awarded the 1999 Grand Final ;-).

Even with being tackled by Slater, Bowen got to within a couple of centimetres of getting a try.

The Video Ref must of believed that, without the tackle by Slater, Bowen would of got to the ball in time to put downwards preasure on it. As the ball had just about stopped moving, there was little chance that a mistake would of been made in scoring the try.

camsmith

Juniors
Slater would have got to the ball (maybe) if bowen didnt touch him FIRST.

That pen-try in '99 was clear he was going to score, he had the ball in he's hands... no-one says that was wrong.

Either way, Cowboys were lucky to get away with a win.

Billybob

Juniors
And the fact that Slater stopped going for the ball and focused on holding Bowen off the ball

Maybe if he had attempted to get to the ball and then only just miss out they may have said that bowen impeded him but all slater wanted to do was go after Bowen

and i say about time the cows started getting the bloody 50/50 calls we've sat thru 9 years off bad calls so there is no sympathy from me

and on the carl webb punch i say its a good thing they have learnt to play without him he hasnt been setting the world on fire since returning from injury

lotti

Bench
innsaneink said:
I suppose he too ...like Ben Cross, shouldve been binned for giving an opponent a spray???:lol:
it wasn't just the spray Cross was binned for, he kneed Terry Hill in the back, started a fight so he was sent to the bin to cool off. Clarke wasn't letting anything go last night while Cross was in the Bin he told the Canberra captain that he has to sort out his team and he won't hesitate to put another one of his players in the Bin.

Billybob said:
and i say about time the cows started getting the bloody 50/50 calls we've sat thru 9 years off bad calls so there is no sympathy from me
So we have another 2 years before we get a decent call :lol:

ortz18

Juniors
carl webb should have been sent off. It was a danny williams style punch. Hoffman was looking the other way trying to get away and webb just punched him clean in the head.

lotti

Bench
If the MRC gets ahold of it it's straight to the panel for Carl Webb and hopefully he gets suspended.

shadow grinder

First Grade
that call by the vid ref was horrible.

slater played crap and orford and king kept rushing out of the line all night that really killed us that and the handling errors.