What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**SPOILER** RLWC Game 15: Australia v PNG

roopy

Referee
Australia will be playing for nothing, so they will probably name a second string side with players out of position and several players avoiding injury rather than having a real go - and PNG will be having their final fling on the big stage against the side they really want to beat.
To put it another way - NZ were trying their best and had a lot to play for - Aus will be dicking around.

bartman

Immortal
Agree with Roopy.

Provided Australia beat England, they will treat this as a squad game and the score won't be a blow-out.

pcpp

Juniors
Will be interesting to see how both teams approach this game.

Australia are guaranteed a place in the semi-finals - they might slow down a bit and select a weaker team.

I think PNG will go all out in the first half, keeping the margin below 20 in the first half before blowing out to around 50 by the end.

England's massive loss has given PNG the very slightest (emphasise the very) sniff of hope to progress through with a victory and points difference.

Chook Norris

First Grade
if Australia play like they did against the Englsih side

we will see a century racked up.. ok maybe not

j0nesy

Bench
No way I don't think there will be quite that much in it. Australia will be taking it a little easy, and PNG aren't THAT bad. I'll say 40-10.

Yngwie_70

Juniors
Agree with Roopy.

Provided Australia beat England, they will treat this as a squad game and the score won't be a blow-out.

Except the ¨second string¨ side will al be playing for a position in the final and may cut loose.

Australia 100
PNG 0