What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***spoiler v storm***

gregstar

Referee
i'm glad we didn't lose by 50.

3 points.

*why was matt head playing with an injury?

*the melbourne defence was damn good - but are we really that impotent in attack?

*poor coops has given the selectors an easy job in not selecting him.

Genghis Chan

Juniors
I must say, that was quite a forgettable game in my opinion. Extremely boring, but hey, I'll still take the 2 points.

Poore being sin binned - :shock: One of the many disgraceful calls, but posibly the worst all night. Archer didn't effect the result, he just made a rather dull, boring game, even duller and more boring with his incompetencies that went both ways.

I hope Head's okay for you guys, I don't mind him.

Bailey will get off for the high tackle 'cos there was nothing in it, and should be sighted for striking Cooper Cronk high with a raised elbow, but will get off because they want him playing for Australia - probably the weakest grading possible so he gets "Charged" but not even enough points to put him halfway to a week off.

I must admit, I was really, REALLY concerned we (Melbourne) were gonna get done half an hour into the game.

I felt like sleeping through that poor excuse of a football game.

Good luck next week - I wouldn't mind seeing the Sharks have another loss against their name.

gregstar

Referee
cheers ghengis!

you can't fault the effort from the gang - they all put in & worked hard. i'm certainly not upset at that, the penalties, the ref or any of that.

i feel for trent barrett. he has been the only one who has absolutely busted a gut in EVERY game this season (even the knights debacle), but has not been able to break the line or pull off a really significant or dominant piece of individual magic.

i also feel for coops tonite. he had heaps of pressure on him & nothing went right for the poor b*stard!

Genghis Chan

Juniors
I thought Trent didn't do that much to be perfectly honest - well, nothing effective. Head was the one that caused us troubles in the first half, and the reason our defence looked much better in the 2nd.

He's a bloody good halfback.

shadow grinder

First Grade
Genghis Chan said:
I must say, that was quite a forgettable game in my opinion. Extremely boring, but hey, I'll still take the 2 points.

Poore being sin binned - :shock: One of the many disgraceful calls, but posibly the worst all night. Archer didn't effect the result, he just made a rather dull, boring game, even duller and more boring with his incompetencies that went both ways.

I hope Head's okay for you guys, I don't mind him.

Bailey will get off for the high tackle 'cos there was nothing in it, and should be sighted for striking Cooper Cronk high with a raised elbow, but will get off because they want him playing for Australia - probably the weakest grading possible so he gets "Charged" but not even enough points to put him halfway to a week off.

I must admit, I was really, REALLY concerned we (Melbourne) were gonna get done half an hour into the game.

I felt like sleeping through that poor excuse of a football game.

Good luck next week - I wouldn't mind seeing the Sharks have another loss against their name.

i thought it was a decent game...not as boring as you say...there were patches of some real good footy...but thats my opinion.

i agree that poore shouldnt have been sent. and the ref was horrible. I thought the storm copped some bad calls and so did the dragons.

BWNB

First Grade
yup yup , shouldnt of been sent to the bin for 10.
But i thought bailey should of he was getting niggeling towards the middle of the 2nd half, maybe all baileys work went into the sin binning of poore
Hows Head , whatever happened to him , i didnt see all the game only parts...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yeah I think the Poore sin binning was a joke but I saw it coming 10 minutes earlier when Archer telegraphed it to Bailey - one of those nights. If it wasn't a sin binning, it would have been something else.

I was more frustrated by the lack of options we seem to have in attack. The second man play was predictable, bugger-all inside passes. Nothing really going on to stretch the defence or mix up the attacking plays. There were a couple of sharp moves but I could count these on one hand. Boring is the word.
A lot of work to do.

Well done to the Storm, played it right and deserving winners. That Inglis is a sensation. I remember watching him in the Qld Cup, carving them up for Norths in Brisbane. He's certainly stepped up to the big league well. Hope he doesnt get over-cooked ala Karmichael Hunt.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
shadow grinder said:
i didnt even know head was off....
He didnt come back on after the half time break.
I thought you read the live updates. ;-)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Here you go...
41 min: NEWS Dragons halfback Mat Head has not returned to the field. News is that he has aggravated his knee injury and unlikely to take any further part.

Father Ted

First Grade
Hate to sound like a traitor but the $2.15 head to head bet on Melbourne was too good to pass up . What a world when you can make a living backing against your own team

G

gorilla

Father Ted said:
Hate to sound like a traitor but the $2.15 head to head bet on Melbourne was too good to pass up . What a world when you can make a living backing against your own team

Oh McCain, not again ?

Mong

Post Whore
Once again Trent showed he's not up to it. Tried hard but offered little again.. Pack your bags trent and go to England... you won't be missed..

Willow said:
Well done to the Storm, played it right and deserving winners. That Inglis is a sensation. I remember watching him in the Qld Cup, carving them up for Norths in Brisbane. He's certainly stepped up to the big league well. Hope he doesnt get over-cooked ala Karmichael Hunt.
The Storm are trying to turn down the heat but QLD SOO selectors and the media won't let up from their blow torch. :x

Great effort by the Dragons to back up after 4 days and still put in that effort.

Mong

Post Whore
UndertakerMike said:
The Storm are trying to turn down the heat but QLD SOO selectors and the media won't let up from their blow torch. :x

Great effort by the Dragons to back up after 4 days and still put in that effort.

What was so great about it? The Roosters backed up and beat the Cowboys in Townsville..

Slippery Morris

First Grade
2 crucial plays destroyed the Dragons.

That Henderson error before halftime where the lazy pri#$k did not play the ball square was pathetic. That is school boy error stuff and he should be dropped for that. Melb score soon after. We gave the ball away in their half. And the sin binning to Poore cost us 8 points...........

Just not the Dragons day.

Latest posts