What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoon

simon says

First Grade
This year is soo hard to pick.....it could be anyone.I guess you have to have Souths a s warm favourites.....but it could be one of a number of clubs including my very own Wests Tigers(yes I am the first punter to mention the team i support as a chance for the spoon).Chances would include the Raiders,Manly,Parra,Knights,Cronulla,even the Storm if anything happens to Orford.

My tip Souths.....my hope,Raiders.....that would make a very good year.

Cheers.

greeneyed

First Grade
Yes, and my hope is the Wests Tigers. I expect Souths again, though Shaun McRae could do something with that squad I guess.....

I say I hope it is the Wests Tigers, as the approach of the Wests Tigers fans on this forum has meant I have no respect for them. Indeed, I dislike the Wests Tigers intensely. Ever since their thuggish player broke Michael Monaghan's jaw... and the Tigers fans descended on the Raiders forum and pretended he didn't do it, it was an accident, it didn't deserve suspension...... ever since then I have no respect for them. They have repeatedly spammed the Raiders forum every time the Raiders play them... complaining about this or that... it is always the ref that beats them when the Raiders win games against them.... I actually used to like Balmain. However, I can't handle Wests Tigers now, ever since I actually interacted with some of their supporters on this forum. That is my reason.

simon says

First Grade
Bwoahahahahahahah!!!!!

Finished crying now bubba....its time for bed.Go have yer bottle and say night night to everyone......

Classic rant over nothing.

Cheers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Newcastle. Haven't bought big, have the least fit halfback in the game (if he's always so fit why the hell is he always out most of the season?) and quite simply don't look the goods. Johns will be on the sidelines, retired as of Round 5. Bye Bye Newcastle.

God-King Dean

Immortal
greeneyed said:
Yes, and my hope is the Wests Tigers. I expect Souths again, though Shaun McRae could do something with that squad I guess.....

I say I hope it is the Wests Tigers, as the approach of the Wests Tigers fans on this forum has meant I have no respect for them. Indeed, I dislike the Wests Tigers intensely. Ever since their thuggish player broke Michael Monaghan's jaw... and the Tigers fans descended on the Raiders forum and pretended he didn't do it, it was an accident, it didn't deserve suspension...... ever since then I have no respect for them. They have repeatedly spammed the Raiders forum every time the Raiders play them... complaining about this or that... it is always the ref that beats them when the Raiders win games against them.... I actually used to like Balmain. However, I can't handle Wests Tigers now, ever since I actually interacted with some of their supporters on this forum. That is my reason.

:-({|=

greeneyed

First Grade
Just explaining my position simon. As you see, I don't have any respect for your views on football.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Raiders.....

Although if I was a religious guy I'd pray every night that the Knights get the spoon.

Phillips

Referee
Sharks/Souths

all the other teams have improved thier squad for 2005...(even Souths)

but compared to the other clubs both those teams look pretty shit

aids

Bench
every team is a chance at the spoon for whatever reason.
injuries, suspension
off field drama, or staff problems.

if all teams are lucky and everyplayer fit then i think souths, wests, penrith, manly and canberra all have a chance to finish last.

souths have dug themselves into a ditch since re-admisssion, they are anti-brisbane and have a losing attitude, if mcrae doesn't click and change this mentality then they would likely get the spoon.

wests/canberra lost a lot of quality veterans, so the really pressure here is how well the juniors perform and how well the coaching staff work them teams.

penrith have reached the mountain and proved they were still a force in 2004, but losing large sections of their premiership backline as well has lang jnr. retiring it might mean a year of rebuilding or the juniors might establish themselves for the future.
however i suspect lang snr.'s heart might not be in it for 2005, i think penrith will either win a premiership or collect a spoon, but i doubt a medicore performance either way.

manly is confusing as hell, picked up a few good players, retained a few good juniors and picked up some strange names which will either be brillant or jokes for the next few years ( Hill. Kennedy).
and the upper managemnt and coaching stuff are constantly entertaining.

i'm just tlaking out of my ass though

Zetland Zoo

Juniors
aids said:
souths have dug themselves into a ditch since re-admisssion, they are anti-brisbane
i'm just tlaking out of my ass though

No Souths aren't anti-brisbane, I am anti-brisbane cause I live there and I am up to my back teeth with biased one sided commentary, news and views and I am not the only one. It amazes me the number of people I meet in brisbane who hate the broncos.

Eddie.

Bench
There are alot of candidates for the spoon

Even im willing to admit the Tigers could get it, who knows, if we lose Hodgson or Prince for long periods we could be ina world of trouble with the average pack we have.

Souths would have to still be the favourites for it

I think Manly will improve this season, i like the look of their pack and i like Monahan at half, bit worried about hassler as coach though

Warriors wont improve much i dont think

Canberra big unknowns this season,

at a guess i would have

15. Souths
14. Warriors

melon....

Coach
The Vermin will win the spoon. Canberra will be close. Dont ask me why but Cronulla will finish 8th.

Latest posts