What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spore...

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Anyone else got this yet? I'm installing now. Most excited!

Got it last week. Played a few times and got tired of it. Solid game but was probably over hyped and I just expected too much from it.

In saying that I'll probably still have a copy floating around in a few years time, long after I've stopped playing most of the other current games.

perverse

Referee
i'm addicted to it like crack. once you get to the space age and really start expanding it gets very fun.

in fact i now find a lot more fun in the rest of the game having seen the end. the shared content from across the globe is also very awesome. i'll be rushing home again tonight to get some more gametime in.

it's probably not the revolution it's been billed as... although it is very very innovative at times. it's more of a mash together of many elements from all sorts of different games.. from civilisation to pac-man to space invaders.

Thomas

First Grade
I reckon my wife would love that game.

I shall look into downloading it tonight

macavity

Referee
first game i have bought in yonks.

it locks up constantly when loading dialogue boxes and the like (need to ctrl+alt+del to get it moving again)

....and it locks up for good trying to enter the tribe stage - it literally wont go past the end of the load screen.

any suggestions? will be majorly pizzed if i spend $100 for only 2 stages...

tokerShark

Juniors
it made my mind up to get it after reading a couple of posts here and its pretty bloody good, im only up to the tribe stage but so far i like what i see. i almost felt bad a couple of time after killing other species and chasing down thier screaming young.

supersoniceagle

Juniors
first game i have bought in yonks.

it locks up constantly when loading dialogue boxes and the like (need to ctrl+alt+del to get it moving again)

....and it locks up for good trying to enter the tribe stage - it literally wont go past the end of the load screen.

any suggestions? will be majorly pizzed if i spend $100 for only 2 stages...
Have u tried updating your graphics card drivers?

Misanthrope

Staff member
I played around with it a few weeks ago, but got distracted by someone calling and haven't looked at it since. I really should give it another go, and with a creature that I don't find boring :p

macavity

Referee
updated the graphics drivers and got it going, running well now.

fantastic - although must say the stages go a bit too quick until you get to the space stage.

once in the space stage, I always seem to be right next to a crack-head "force" species who proceed to declare war, and I cant work out how to kill them - any suggestions? I cant seem to make much money either...

Y2Eel

First Grade
updated the graphics drivers and got it going, running well now.

fantastic - although must say the stages go a bit too quick until you get to the space stage.

once in the space stage, I always seem to be right next to a crack-head "force" species who proceed to declare war, and I cant work out how to kill them - any suggestions? I cant seem to make much money either...

money cheat... thats how i did it...

perverse

Referee
you need to spread your wings a bit first before you'll be able to take someone on in a war. colonize and terraform some nearby planets/systems and build up a bit of an empire (whilst defending it against raids etc) and when you've build up enough offensive tech to take on other races head on - you will know about it.

also - alliances and trade routes are crucial. make a few early on so you can build up a fleet (you can have a maximum of 5 friendly ships fly around with you, making those early battles much, much easier).

macavity

Referee
i have a decent colony system going, although i have ignored some close planets to go to planets with rarer spice. have max 2 in my fleet atm - 3 allies and 2 beligerent neighbours. I am able to buy some nearby planets but havent got enough coin!

perverse

Referee
i have a decent colony system going, although i have ignored some close planets to go to planets with rarer spice. have max 2 in my fleet atm - 3 allies and 2 beligerent neighbours. I am able to buy some nearby planets but havent got enough coin!
lol, yeah you don't start conquering via commerce for a little while yet.

he who controls the spice, controls the universe. get some pink and purple spice planets and start trading those around. you should be able to get between 20-40k per unit of those colours if you shop around a bit.

macavity

Referee
I have pink, blue and green thusfar, plus red on home planet. get 25 per pink and about 18 per blue and green. red gets 6k at one particular planet :)

omfg...

I just ventured into the centre of the galaxy and found one huge ass mother of a colony, the grox i think they are called... My home planet is telling me to try and take them on, so i tried, with 5 of my allies... We got raped on the very first planet we tried to take over... So now i am colonizing near the centre of the galaxy and making allies there to combat those darrn grox's.

This galaxy is f**ken massive, and just about every star has some sort of planet with life on it.. Are you meant to conquer all to win the game? I dont get it?

Latest posts