What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sportal VRL

Forward tries in VNRL basically.

And the fact that you compete and bid for players in the player pool - if I get, say - Joey Johns - then no-one else can have him. But in Sportal every single team in your comp can have Johns if they want to.

Sportal is just nowhere near as in-depth - or as rewarding as VNRL. But its better than nothing.

Redback71

First Grade
the nrl fantasy league one in 2004 was excellent to wonder why they stopped it, as for vrl that was stopped cause they were unable to find a sponser

VNRL only needed the level of sponsorship they did as the NRL found out they were using stats from NRL.com - and demanded THIRTY GRAND from the site owner to continue using them. No joke!!

Instead of harnessing that site as a major marketing tool for Ruby League - they harass them and virtually shut them down!

I tell ya - I NEVER watched so many games of footy as when I was entered in the VNRL! Watching games I just don't bother to watch nowadays - cheering every hitup and tackle, hoping for a forward try, or cursing the screen as a player in my team duffed a try or pased to an outside support! :lol: VNRL was immensely popular!

But no - instead, they spend CRAP knows how much money in making new mascots for all teams. Teams that already had mascots. Yeah - well done.

aussies1st

Staff member
Redback71 said:
the nrl fantasy league one in 2004 was excellent to wonder why they stopped it, as for vrl that was stopped cause they were unable to find a sponser

I agree that was pretty good. If you were playing in the league comp you could only pick 1 player. If they could get some bidding system in then it would compensate a bit for the loss of VNRL.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bring Back the Spliff said:
VNRL only needed the level of sponsorship they did as the NRL found out they were using stats from NRL.com - and demanded THIRTY GRAND from the site owner to continue using them. No joke!!

Instead of harnessing that site as a major marketing tool for Ruby League - they harass them and virtually shut them down!

I tell ya - I NEVER watched so many games of footy as when I was entered in the VNRL! Watching games I just don't bother to watch nowadays - cheering every hitup and tackle, hoping for a forward try, or cursing the screen as a player in my team duffed a try or pased to an outside support! :lol: VNRL was immensely popular!

agreed
throwing remotes when someone from the opposite team scored, cheering wildy when one of my blokes got a meat pie, then of course the cursing when one of my player was too damn ****ing unselfish to score himself and passes to an unmarked man when he could of easily scored himself :x :lol:

VNRL kicked arse, sportal is pretty dud but its better then nothing
legend, you should get a LU Raiders comp going, then next season we can combine the best teams from the GH and LU to make a super comp and of course a reggies comp for those not as good :lol: