What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sports Tonight pisses me off

lucablight

First Grade
I'm forced to sit through 10 minutes of AFL news before they move onto the rugby league. They really need to get their priorities straight. Don't they know what the major football code is in this state?

Bomber

Bench
They really need to get their priorities straight

Channel Ten shares the FTA rights to AFL.
Channel Ten broadcasts Sports Tonight
It seems to me that they have indeed got their priorities right - they are going to give prominence to their own product over that of a rival sport which is broadcast on a rival station.

It sucks, but that's life.

Matt23

Staff member
It's channel 10...easily the worst free to air station in Australia

shadow grinder

First Grade
Hari Kari said:
they put the afl on first to make you watch longer.

kinda like eating your peas first.

:lol:

i dont even bother with sports tonight anymore...not after they reprted ben ross had signed with the storm when he infact hadnt. :roll:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bomber said:
Channel Ten shares the FTA rights to AFL.
Channel Ten broadcasts Sports Tonight
It seems to me that they have indeed got their priorities right - they are going to give prominence to their own product over that of a rival sport which is broadcast on a rival station.

It sucks, but that's life.

what he said

aussies1st

Staff member
You are no hope of seeing the NRL highlights first if its on 10. They don't give a dam about NRL.

lucablight said:
What difference does it make if they broadcast the AFL news after the NRL?

Well obviously they are going to talk up the sport they've invested big dollars in first rather then one thats broadcasted by their rivals.

EA I honestly dont know how people live without it, I'd rather go without hot water during footy season then without foxtel.

Hoops

Juniors
lucablight said:
I'm forced to sit through 10 minutes of AFL news before they move onto the rugby league. They really need to get their priorities straight. Don't they know what the major football code is in this state?
You do realise that sports Tonight goes across Australia.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
It also happens on the sunday morning sports show on Channel 7. They have no TV rights to AFL. So that blows the promoting their product argument out of the water.

Latest posts