What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sports Tonight/Woolford: Management should be accountable

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
From what I remember...(might not be quite accurate).

Woolford said that he was hoping that the management has some sort of plan/strategy in place that would allow the club to go forward

Monaghan came out and said that if something had been done months ago, then he probably would have stayed because he never really wanted to leave. But the raiders claimed that they offered him a deal well before June 30.

GreenGuy

Just saw Woolford on Sports Tonight. He looked absolutely shattered. I'm lost for words. When it comes to the club captain losing faith we really are in huge trouble. They also said there are rumours senior players want out of the club, and that we are not chasing any top players, but instead relying on our junior development...

Raiders Rock

Juniors
Timbo said:
Monnas said if more hads been done a couple of months ago he'd have stayed. Simon said that he hoped that recruitment would be a priority, however, 'sources in the club' said we WILL NOT be chasing any prominent players from other clubs.

Anyone still thinking management is doing a good job?

So what should we do? All stop supporting the Raiders? Wake up Timbo, We've got enough young talent coming through to cover next year, hopefully we'll be able to retain the 8 or so players that come off contract at the end of 2005 and hopefully we'll have enough left over to make a play for N. Hindmarsh with the money we've saved by letting Statue, Muss & Monnas seek greener pastures.

Has everybody forgotten about the salary cap?? The harsh reality is that players will move on under a salary cap. Even the Rortsters lost 5 quality players this year.

The way out for us is to continue to develop our juniors and lock them up the way THE CURRENT MANAGEMENT TEAM has done with Carney!! Look what Penrith did by developing and playing a team made up primarily of local juniors!!

We can do that too!!

Raiders Rock

Juniors
GreenGuy said:
Just saw Woolford on Sports Tonight. He looked absolutely shattered. I'm lost for words. When it comes to the club captain losing faith we really are in huge trouble. They also said there are rumours senior players want out of the club, and that we are not chasing any top players, but instead relying on our junior development...

Is junior development a bad thing? Should we just ignore it and poach players like the Rortsters?? We have the best juniors in the league, if we didn't then we wouldn't be such targets for teams like the Rortsters who have no development strategy other that poaching all South's juniors ala Craig Wing!! Glad he's playing like shit, I hope it comes back to bite them on the arse!!

greeneyed

First Grade
GreenGuy said:
Just saw Woolford on Sports Tonight. He looked absolutely shattered. :cry: I'm lost for words. When it comes to the club captain losing faith we really are in huge trouble. They also said there are rumours senior players want out of the club, and that we are not chasing any top players, but instead relying on our junior development... :?

This was all on the 10 News at 5pm!!! And on WIN TV News. Nothing new here.

GreenGuy

I think we have no other choice. They tried to chase players, got nobody, and regardless of whether we want to or not we're stuck with the junior development which isn't too bad an option whern you think about the talent we have down the ranks...

Bench
Mate at least you guys are winning and going through this,we are losing and not buying,just have to hope like us your juniors stand up.

thickos

First Grade
I wish I saw this piece with Woolford, shame I missed it. It doesn't sound like it was great viewing for us Raiders fans.

I could imagine why Germ is disappointed, he worked bloody hard on Joel to convince him to stay. But if management aren't coming to the party with regard to $$$, then pretty much all is in vain. Look at the Wiki situation - all those years of service and they come up with $150k tops and no job after footy. Puhlease. :cry:

While it hasn't been the best week, chin up people. Whenever I think of what Joel's done by leaving us, I think of how good Nathan Smith was on debut. And how shit Joel was on Saturday night.

The kids will get us through this :clap:

greeneyed

First Grade
No, they offered Wiki $250,000 a season. This has been publicly stated by the club. He was offered over $400,000 a season by the Warriors.

mike83au

Juniors
I read the supposed $150k a season for Wiki as well, that we apparently offered him.... but where did i read it.....

REBECCA WILSON!!!! :lol:

Livebynight

Juniors
Well im new here. I used to post on the rleague forums but when they died i didn't realise other forums where around.

Anyway ive been reading stuff on here for a few days about club turmoil which really sucks. Then last night i saw the report with Woolford looking like his mum had just been shot then i realised some of it must be true. He either thinks management aren't doing there job properly or hes just shattered to loose 3 great players in a week.

I guess monas could of been saying he didn't think of leaving as a way of making him seem less like the bad guy. If he really was keen on staying why didnt he if they offered him more after davico left? I think maybe he's after an easier passage into rep footy via the roosters.

But yeah im a bit shocked and was kinda worried. I think we have great juniors but i cant see them stepping up to fill the void. Players like Lolesi etc took a few seasons to really fit in and play well. as most young players will so we are kinda looking like its back to a few seasons ago where we will need another 2 seasons to get these young guys fully upto 1st grade level.