What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

squad for eels trial in lismore

shadowboxer

First Grade
Sharks squad for Eels trial in Lismore
Tue Feb 01, 4:29pm (NSW)
Written by: Matthew O'Neill
Cronulla have announced a squad of 20 for Saturday's trial against Parramatta at Oakes Oval in Lismore.

Big name players David Peachey, Nigel Vagana, Adam Dykes, Brett Kimmorley, Jason Stevens and Michael Sullivan among others won't be playing, which gives other players a great opportunity to push for first grade positions.

Parramatta on the other hand have named their best side available but will be without star forward Nathan Hindmarsh who has had minor off-season surgery following his bumper 2004 season.

Sharks Team:

1 David Simmons
2 Nathan Merritt
3 Vince Mellars
4 Ryan McGoldrick
5 Luke Covell
6 Greg Bird
7 Russell Aitken
8 James Stosic
9 Matt Hilder
10 Keith Galloway
11 Phillip Leuluai
12 Reece Williams
13 Daniel Dumas

14 Lafi Manua
15 Luke Harlen
16 Cameron Ciraldo
17 Beau Scott
18 David Hall
19 Rhys Lovegrove
20 Clifford Manua

For local enquiries, including ticketing details, contact Robin Harley at Northern Rivers Rugby League in Lismore on 6630 6004

RICHO

Juniors
No Paul Mellor either.

We'll probably cop a touch up, but I can't say I'm too concerned.

White Poiner

Coach
Yeah even though the stars wont play it will be good to se the sharks play.
I would really like to see lafi manua play.

ali

Bench
That team should be renamed to Cronulla under 24's. All the best young players are there, but wisely the older guys have been rested. A couple of interesting selections on the bench, namely David Hall and Rhys Lovegrove. Hall's a journeyman who as far as I know, will be playing for his local club for the first time on the weekend, after stints at Parra, someone down in the gong comp and Newtown. Lovegrove could be playing SG Ball this season as is probably still going to Endeavour High. I didn't expect to see him selected in first grade so early.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Mellor was injured in his final match in SL. I thought it was ankle but BT is probably on the mark.

David Hall rapps seems to keep coming.

I heard mid last year that he was carving them up @ Henson.
Since been told by a few ex Netown Heavies he is untouchable.

Best news for me is that Doom is back.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
well...
its a team of promise. And abundant talent.
I would not like to be starting the season with it.

But I can picture that team in 2-3 years being close to our first grade squad.

wittyfan

Referee
shadowboxer said:
Big name players David Peachey, Nigel Vagana, Adam Dykes, Brett Kimmorley, Jason Stevens and Michael Sullivan among others won't be playing,

Good to see Sully now being classed as a big name. :D

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I would not like to be starting the season with it.
Of course not, but lets see who steps up.
Obviously if you've been overlooked, your part of the first 17, unless injuried of course.
Good trial team congrats Stuey.
Excellent start to the season.
I am happy to see Dumas in 13 also.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yeah first grade.
Not sure who is injuried, but all except Green I expect to see in Round 1.
Not sure what it says about waltzing.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I think it is all most a given that Hutch will be first off the bench or the other prop.

I wasnt expecting that.

I hope hes ready.

Special K

Coach
Should be very interesting how guys like Lovegrove, Harlen, Scott, Ciraldo, the newton boys and simmo go.

Wonder why no Pelo...

I like the look of the side but if Parra don't put a few on us then my god they have problems. Those halves scare me(Bird and Aitken)

Latest posts