What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad for first trial

Macko8

Juniors
SATURDAY
Canberra Raiders v Western Suburbs Magpies (NSW Cup) at West Belconnen Oval, 6pm.
TRIAL SQUAD: Mark Appleton, Lewis Balcomb, Kevin Curtis, Phil Dennis, Andrew Edwards, Matt James, Brett Kelly, Mitch Kennedy, Jarrad Kennedy, Cy Lasscock, Wade Liddell, Blaise Lomax, Drury Low, Sam Mataora, Matt McIlwrick, Chris Medcalf, Mark Nicholls, Mick Picker, Reece Robinson, Karl Silvano, James Smart, James Stuart, Iopu Togia Foua, Matt Ward, Josh White, Sam Williams.

source,canberra times.

A mix of South Logan players and U20's.

Cy making a comeback from his injury in the trial last year and Phil Dennis wearing Raiders colours.

Good luck to the boys.

Timbo

Staff member
I am both happy and sad to see Brett Kelly's name there.

Happy because he is now considered a genuine fringe player as he's in with the SL mob.

Sad because HOW IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY DOES KELLY STILL GET A GREEN JERSEY!?!?!?!?!?!?

aussies1st

Staff member
Not bad, will be good seeing how some of our fringe players go, especially the backs who have a chance to push for a wing spot or at least a first backup spot.

cucuboth

Juniors
I'm really starting to feel sorry for Brett Kelly now. From the game against the Eels last year at Parramatta, it just looked like he had no confidence, and that none of the other players had any confidence in him either. But I'm sure when he gets selected in 1st Grade that he tries his best.

Not saying that he SHOULD be in 1st Grade. Maybe he's just not a player that's up to that level, and I don't understand why we kept him but let Graham go. Maybe Kelly would fair better at a new club.

I'm really starting to feel sorry for Brett Kelly now. From the game against the Eels last year at Parramatta, it just looked like he had no confidence, and that none of the other players had any confidence in him either. But I'm sure when he gets selected in 1st Grade that he tries his best.

Not saying that he SHOULD be in 1st Grade. Maybe he's just not a player that's up to that level, and I don't understand why we kept him but let Graham go. Maybe Kelly would fair better at a new club.

Probably close to 150 grand difference ( i'm guessing ) in salary , also Graham contract was up and Kelly's finishes this year.

Dazraider

Juniors
yes get rid of kelly and bring in another youngster who may have potential, he is not first grade material and its better the raiders stop feeling for this guy and start ridding the rest of the non first graders that get selected in first grade to go.
so happy that in the past few years, best,purtell,hinchcliffe,graham and plumb that have gone, we needed to get rid of these guys years ago.
Now our youths look very good and hope we just get to keep them but my guess is other clubs will steal a few