What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

themacemaceman

Juniors
He can take him,but i doubt he would get the 500k he would get from us, i still think he could transition into a good 9, and when fit id give him a go in regis
Illias might just need a new head coach. He has had 1 in his whole first grade career and that was JD.
And to be fair the whole team sucked under JD.
I think there will be a club willing to take a shot at a cheap half who was a win away from and grand final and also in a team leading the Comp half way through a season.
JD sacked illias to save his own skin . It’s unfortunate that then he broke his leg. Hornby could of had him back in the team for all we know if it wasn’t for the injury

speedster

Juniors
You need someone with sharp acceleration as well as guile and deception out of dh to be a good hooker and I'm not sure they are Ilias' main attributes. Good defender and good short kicking game and I guess could whip an accurate pass from the ground if he trained to do it long enough but speed off the mark or tricking his way to getting the jump on the markers is not his thing.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Handy I know uve been on here for years and your only one of the very very few that I admire your input on here.in saying that I like ilias he is a good kid and yes he tries very very hard but he was a flop at #7 he was all over the park tackling shoe laces ile give him that he did try much harder than some other players in our team when he was half back his level of play aint much better than that flop of a past winger we had called jaxson paulo we crazily let taane milne play mostly in the regis whilst paulo fumbled balls most games and was a dud buy. But getting back to ilias he aint no reyno or dce or sam walker or hunt and I very doubt he would be as good as our past #9 apisai koroisau or our current #9 Damien cook .handy ilias might transition into a very good #9 but for myself we need to buy a proven performer at #9 with a track record as you know good guys finish last and I believe ilias is a good guy cheers mate.
In terms of our past #9, you forgot Isaac Luke, who I personally think was the best hooker we ever had, with the possible exception of Mario Fenech

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Illias might just need a new head coach. He has had 1 in his whole first grade career and that was JD.
And to be fair the whole team sucked under JD.
I think there will be a club willing to take a shot at a cheap half who was a win away from and grand final and also in a team leading the Comp half way through a season.
JD sacked illias to save his own skin . It’s unfortunate that then he broke his leg. Hornby could of had him back in the team for all we know if it wasn’t for the injury
Yeah, could very well be possible.
A possible analogy is Tom Deardon.
The Broncos gave up on him, he'd only ever had their coach, he moves away, and now look at him