What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

Avenger

Immortal
None of us knows for sure but I think $900k is realistic. He is probably our most important onfield asset. His kicking game is nearly impossible to replace. Look at the demand for plodders like Reynolds and Townsend.
He will easily command at least $1m a year when his contract is next up for renewal.

Avenger

Immortal
What makes it even more amazing is that he was free to go after 2018. An amazing turnaround and I’m so happy that he stayed.
Many preferred Norman over Moses. One of the only times I was right about a player, I wasn't 100% sold on Moses but I knew he was better than Mr Peanut. My greatest achievement on this forum.

Gronk

Staff member
The elephant in the room here are the shit coach and shit assistants who have helped Mitch develop into the gun that he is now. Is there a better half around ? On his day (and with the pack bending the line) he's as good as Cleary, DCE or Hughes IMO. He came to us as a Benji defender with a temperament of a 14 yo girl.

On a side note, Luke Brooks is on $1M+ in 2023. LOL

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So we (officially) have 29 merkins in this year's top 30, and 21 in the 2023 squad.
Interestingly, Brad Arthur's said in the captain's run presser today that "we've still got two spots available in our squad", though this might mean we have a top 30 spot and a development spot. I'm leaning toward this because I understand it was the rules to have 29 by March.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm never talking to the people I quote. I'm talking to everyone but commenting on the thing I quoted. If I address the poster (rather than everyone) it's only out of politeness. If I really had a comment just for them I would message them on WhatsApp.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Many preferred Norman over Moses. One of the only times I was right about a player, I wasn't 100% sold on Moses but I knew he was better than Mr Peanut. My greatest achievement on this forum.
Shows how far Moses has come given he was legitimately being considered by some as worse than the Peanut. Can't blame them at the time as Moses was an erratic sook when he first came to Parra.

He's put egg on my face but I'm glad he's not wasting his talent any more.

Avenger

Immortal
Shows how far Moses has come given he was legitimately being considered by some as worse than the Peanut. Can't blame them at the time as Moses was an erratic sook when he first came to Parra.

He's put egg on my face but I'm glad he's not wasting his talent any more.
Well said, Gaz. His turnaround has been amazing. What a player he has become and easily our most valuable commodity.

Avenger

Immortal
I'm never talking to the people I quote. I'm talking to everyone but commenting on the thing I quoted. If I address the poster (rather than everyone) it's only out of politeness. If I really had a comment just for them I would message them on WhatsApp.
Don’t use that app, it’s shit and not really encrypted especially seeing its now owned by the AntiChrist. Signal is the go.

Avenger

Immortal
What a master stroke it was for Tedesco and Moses to leave the Tigers. I listened to a podcast recently where the Dogs were a whisker away from acquiring them both but they went their separate ways to the Roosters and Eels respectively because Hasler didn’t rate Moses.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don’t use that app, it’s shit and not really encrypted especially seeing its now owned by the AntiChrist. Signal is the go.
It's definitely encrypted, and I don't really care if WhatsApp can forward my messages to law enforcement. I'm not doing anything wrong. If I needed to discuss anything classified I wouldn't use WhatsApp or Signal. Though I prefer WhatsApp's interface and most people I know are on it. For the paranoids I use Signal. Again, I wouldn't use it to keep secrets from the US Government.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
It's definitely encrypted, and I don't really care if WhatsApp can forward my messages to law enforcement. I'm not doing anything wrong. If I needed to discuss anything classified I wouldn't use WhatsApp or Signal. Though I prefer WhatsApp's interface and most petite I know are on it. For the paranoids I use Signal. Again, I wouldn't use it to keep secrets from the US Government.
It’s not about it going to law enforcement. It’s about the merkins monitoring what you are into and trying to sell you stuff. You think that golden turban ad that you keep receiving is an accident?

strider

Post Whore
I think he will be when we ship Gutherson off to the UK and acquire that guy with the f**ked up name at Melbourne.
Id rather Moses just concentrate on playing footy and not have to deal with referee shit. I reckon he still has some erratic hot headedness in him and if he had to deal with referees it'd be too much of a distraction ... it already happens a bit and he isnt captain

Latest posts