What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

Stagger eel

Staff member
so with the impending announcements of Carty ( highly likely ) and Emu ( likely ) ...we'll have 3 spots to play with?

so assuming MON is still holding the strings I'm sure we'll go into the season again with 27 players...fmd.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
After the pre-season some of the development players could move into the top 30. Maybe even some of the merkins currently in Flegg.

Gronk

Staff member
so with the impending announcements of Carty ( highly likely ) and Emu ( likely ) ...we'll have 3 spots to play with?

so assuming MON is still holding the strings I'm sure we'll go into the season again with 27 players...fmd.
Assume it's a NO for ?

Ofahiki Ogden 2023 CO

Gronk

Staff member
Plenty of dumbarses on FB linking Murchie's release to Ice coming. Logic would say that's stupid, but logic does not seem to have much of an influence on some of our recruitment sometimes.
I wouldn't know where to look on facebook to find these people and I think that's prolly a good thing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
According to Pou’s list there is no chance Papali’i will be returning unless we released a few more.
I don't see how we could afford to spend any more on expensive forwards. We would already have three of the top 20 paid forwards in the game, plus Hopgood, Lane and Ofahengaue would be on good money too. The salary cap limits how many of these merkins you can fit into your 30 man squad. I'm very surprised by the Papali'i rumours. Honestly, I'm sceptical.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't see how we could afford to spend any more on expensive forwards. We would already have three of the top 20 paid forwards in the game, plus Hopgood, Lane and Ofahengaue would be on good money too. The salary cap limits how many of these merkins you can fit into your 30 man squad. I'm very surprised by the Papali'i rumours. Honestly, I'm sceptical.

Agree
We need backs or just a few juniors to come good. Painfull season. Squads not bad. Better wing and centre options and we can push top 4 again.

Gronk

Staff member
We’d need to release someone like Matterson to cater for Papali’i returning.
I was going to bag you, but hit the <—- button and realized that we just don’t have the cap or the spots. So yeah. Prolly right. It just comes down to squad. balance.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Well unless he has come to the realisation for the 2nd time in his career that playing for a shit club for a tonne of more money is not worth getting flogged everyweek.

And rather be happy in an environment he is comfortable with for a lot less money.

I wouldn't want him on more then 250k on the cap.

And who gives up 400k a year to play for Parramatta. I certainly haven't seen it before.