What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad v Roosters

nrlnrl

First Grade
http://www.dragons.com.au/team-announcement/matchup/21/Round 8

1Brett Morris
2Daniel Vidot
3Kyle Stanley
4Matt Cooper
5Jason Nightingale
6Jamie Soward
7Ben Hornby
8Dan Hunt
9Nathan Fien
10Michael Weyman
11Beau Scott
12Ben Creagh
13Dean Young
14Matt Prior
15Jeremy Latimore
16Trent Merrin
17Jack de Belin
18Josh Miller
19Chase Stanley
20Jake Marketo

Injuries and Suspensions
Cameron King (injured)
Mitch Rein (injured)
Nick Emmett (injured)

God-King Dean

Immortal
Wouldn't be surprised to see Young moved to hooker, Fien to the bench, & Prior to lock. Just can't see Fien going the full 80.

64 Dragon

Coach
Cooper back (woo hoo) and Rein injured (boo hoo). We really need Nathan Fien to step up and produce his best. Don't want Deano at dummy half. (No offense).

TheRev

First Grade
Did all the forwards back up ok? 3 days is a funny turn-around for them.

Guess we find out soon enough.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Wouldn't be surprised to see Young moved to hooker, Fien to the bench, & Prior to lock. Just can't see Fien going the full 80.

Marketo is another dummy half option

might start Latimore as he's fresh & use Weyman with Merrin off the bench

Miller could be the wildcard - a collision or 2 with Waerea-Hargreaves might rattle the stands

Last edited:

nrlnrl

First Grade
Did all the forwards back up ok? 3 days is a funny turn-around for them.

Guess we find out soon enough.

I haven't heard, but if any of them were going to miss a game Scott or Creagh would be most likely. Both had pretty high work rates on Sunday & are in the hunt for the Origin squad. It'd give them a chance to be 100% for the tougher Cowboys game & also make sense to give some of the NSW Cup guys some playing time in the NRL.

Bring back choc

Juniors
I haven't heard, but if any of them were going to miss a game Scott or Creagh would be most likely. Both had pretty high work rates on Sunday & are in the hunt for the Origin squad. It'd give them a chance to be 100% for the tougher Cowboys game & also make sense to give some of the NSW Cup guys some playing time in the NRL.

Mate unless injured nobody will miss a game. Its a massive game and crucial for the 2 points. Players dont need a rest at this part of the season. Harden up. None of them would want to miss this match.

64 Dragon

Coach
Mate unless injured nobody will miss a game. Its a massive game and crucial for the 2 points. Players dont need a rest at this part of the season. Harden up. None of them would want to miss this match.

This is a crucial match for us. Also we need to get our for and against heading in the right direction. I agree with BBC and I dont think any of the guys will want to miss this match, which will be another grudge match. We need to beat the Rooters and beat them well. GO DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mattfaz

Juniors
they get a 10 day break after the game... fire the f$%k up, go hard and have a 4-5 day rest before training again.

I'm pumped!

We need these 2 points

Breathingfire

Juniors
I really like our team with Moz at Fullback at Vidot on the wing. I think Vidot is far too good to rot at the Cutters and Moz is just superb. I have to say that I am a very big fan of Vidot in the Red V. He has some things to work on no doubt, but geez I like him as a player. He has a very high work rate for a winger and hates being tackled.

TheRev

First Grade
I dont feel the Vidot love yet, I feel you guys are brushing over his high error rate with rose coloured glasses.

However I do see the potential in him (a work in progress)... and once Cooper is back, the real money question is how well they play together, because our chances to be a genuine 2012 contender depend on that left edge attack clicking.

ghostface

Juniors
I like what Vidot brings to the team. He is a point of difference between the back three. He does have the one or two errors in him but he will pick up the attention to detail as the season wears on. He is a strong runner and can take a bit of pressure off the forwards, a nice acquisition by the recritment team.

Bring back choc

Juniors
I dont feel the Vidot love yet, I feel you guys are brushing over his high error rate with rose coloured glasses.

However I do see the potential in him (a work in progress)... and once Cooper is back, the real money question is how well they play together, because our chances to be a genuine 2012 contender depend on that left edge attack clicking.

Agree he has a couple of errors in his game, but seems to be working hard on it. The thing about VIDOT is that he has an impact. He makes a difference to our yardage game...big strong and fast. And we have not even started to utilise his attcking powers. I would love to see us kick to him more or get him in open space. But at the moment PRICE has asked him to be a metre eater and help out from dummy half. i think he's doing a great job.

64 Dragon

Coach
With Cooper back maybe we will se the best of Vidot. Cooper has the ability to set him alight if he gets his game going. Morris was a benefactor of Cooper's strength and skill, although at times Cooper doesn't pass and dies with the ball or goes into touch. He was very frustrating last year at times with his being tackled into touch. Hoping for better things this year. GO COOPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We definitely need this win tomorrow, as the road trip to Townsville the week after is a huge test. Their forward pack is brimming with monsters like Tamou, Taumalolo and Tariq Sims, and we usually struggle up there.

Dropping this one and the next would put us right behind the eight ball.

So fire up boys!

Last edited: