What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squaring The Ledger

PeterMudgee

Juniors
Seeing that the refs are too scared to send off players or use the bin after we were clearly disadvantaged by losing Dean Young and a interchange player the league should look at ......
If a player goes on report after illegal tackle and the injured player is taken off, the player responsible should also leave the field until the injured player returns.
If the injured player does not return, nor does the player on report.
That squares the ledger with the side committing the offense also short one interchange.
No Inglis after that tackle and we were still in the game.
Thoughts ???

64 Dragon

Coach
Problem with that. An average bench player takes out a star player and goes on report. The star player does not come back and neither does the average bench player. See the problem. Coaches will have a field day.

64 Dragon

Coach
Still Makes 16 Vs 16
Not 16 Vs 17
It is a 17 player game these days.
There should not be any average players.

The average player is a ring in to take out the star player. What a devious mind I have. I should be writing whodunnits, not posting on forums.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
A better idea is to have an 18th player, a reserve that can added to the bench.

That keeps it at 17v17. Only applies to injuries through foul play of course.

Btw, I don't think Inglis leaving the field to make it 16v16 would have made much difference to the outcome of the match.

northernsaint

Juniors
Seeing that the refs are too scared to send off players or use the bin after we were clearly disadvantaged by losing Dean Young and a interchange player the league should look at ......
If a player goes on report after illegal tackle and the injured player is taken off, the player responsible should also leave the field until the injured player returns.
If the injured player does not return, nor does the player on report.
That squares the ledger with the side committing the offense also short one interchange.
No Inglis after that tackle and we were still in the game.
Thoughts ???
To go a step further, the offending player of for same time as the injured player, but, an 18th player comes in to replace the injured one. That would now be a big deterrent,ah.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
A better idea is to have an 18th player, a reserve that can added to the bench.

That keeps it at 17v17. Only applies to injuries through foul play of course.

Btw, I don't think Inglis leaving the field to make it 16v16 would have made much difference to the outcome of the match.

Spot on Willow. 18th player is what is needed and Saints would not have won regardless if Inglis left the field.

I can't see why they can't use an NYC player as an emergency reserve for these scenarios. Tigers lost 2 or 3 last Monday so 1 emergency player would not have helped that much.

If a forward gets smashed they bring in a forward from NYC if a back bring in a back provided the player has been ruled out from a doctor for the rest of the game.

STG 002

First Grade
This is a multi million $ game. If we want to go forth, we need to make big and correct decisions. Even if it means we become NFL like, but never to that extreme.

If a panel can sit together all day on Monday, why can't they sit together on a Friday, a Saturday, a Sunday and a Monday during game time.

All games are broadcast live (well they will be in the near future), with numerous camera angles.

If incidents such as these happen, we need instant and correct decision.

Why can't there be a quick referral to this panel and make a quick and decisive call on whether the player is worthy of atleast a send off if he is to graded above a current grade 3.

There is time in our game to allow this. We have the quickest type of football in world sport.

That game shits me last week, he may not deserve 5 weeks although I believe he does. If he is going to get any sort of suspension, we should've got the benefit.

I reckon as weird as this sounds, it can be perfected. If they want to lower the interchanage to 6, they canb use the breaks in the game to get calls right and not allow teams to be f**ked over like we were last weekend.

big pat

Coach
we have 2 refs 1 video ref, 2 lines person and they still can't get things right, the prick should of being sent straight off, too scred souths supporters will whinge so much, their false teeth will fly out.

big pat

Coach
Been There 25 Years

i remember in the 70s, my brother and dad, and myself use to go to a place called windeyer, they did a lot of rabbit shooting, they only had a pub, and a guy opp the pub, had a place where people use to stay, sure had some good times there.

Latest posts