What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George Illawarra Dragons v South Sydney Rabbitohs

Greg Prichard

September 3, 2010
Sunday, WIN Jubilee Stadium, 7pm.
Referees:
Ben Cummins, Alan Shortall
Head to head:
Dragons 12, Rabbitohs 3
Last clash:
Dragons 16 bt Rabbitohs 13 at ANZ Stadium (Rd 19, 2010)
TAB SportsBet:
Dragons $1.26, Rabbitohs $3.75
FootyTab:
Souths +8.5
Results in earlier games in this round will determine whether the Rabbitohs are still a chance of making the finals when they take the field for this game. If the Broncos can beat the Raiders on Friday night, the Rabbitohs will be still alive. If the Raiders win, then the Rabbitohs will need the Sea Eagles to lose to the Bulldogs. The Sea Eagles have a 10-point better points for-and-against differential than the Rabbitohs as well, so they would have to make that up, too. So there is still hope.
The Rabbitohs kept their hopes alive when they played all over the Eels in the second half of last weekend's game. It was 0-0 at halftime, but the Rabbitohs got the jump on their rivals soon after the break and never looked back. The Dragons have already clinched the minor premiership, so there has to be some risk that they may not be pumped right up for this game. If they are on their game, the Dragons will be very hard to beat against a Rabbitohs side that has been hit hard by injuries to key players in recent weeks.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-v-south-sydney-rabbitohs-20100902-14rl0.html

alan89

Juniors
I think the Rabbitohs are special's tonight. Wouldn't mind seeing them beat the Red V next week either...

boo_boo

Juniors
It's up to us now.
This is where we need to justify all the hype generated at the start of the year.
This is where we show that we are here because we are good enough to be there.
This is where we show up St George Illawarra as the team to beat if we are serious.
Cant wait until the start of the game so bring it on.

dwats002

Juniors
Am a warriors fan but souths are my second team and i reckon you have a massive chance considering the dragons are kinda depleted

dubopov

Coach
It's up to us now.
This is where we need to justify all the hype generated at the start of the year.
This is where we show that we are here because we are good enough to be there.
This is where we show up St George Illawarra as the team to beat if we are serious.
Cant wait until the start of the game so bring it on.

hope you haven't necked yourself

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Good luck in 2011, Bunnies!

I thought rabbits are supposed to have strong teeth ... weird, given how toothless your blokes were tonight!!!

cleary89

Coach
not even looking like being in the game in a do or die match against a team resting 5 stars.... Sure sign of a sh*t team

boo_boo

Juniors
Yes the better team won tonight but we'll learn from this year so what's the Dragons excuse going to be when they fail once again to prove themselves in the big games.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Kicking people while they're down... Sure sign of a true wanker.
LOL ... weren't you one of the guys who jumped onto the Dragons forum earlier this season in this thread --> http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=362061

If your team's players all had the heart that Sam Burgess has, you would have been sitting comfortably inside the top 8 by tonight.

I don't have anything against Souths fans in general .. they are generally one of the better opposition fan bases around IMO (esp. when compared to teams like Manly, Canterbury, Parramatta, Wests Tigers).

Until tonight, I only had something against Gordon Tallis ... for a number of reasons, but specifically in relation to this was his desire to consistently rubbish the Dragons on Fox Sports all season (he's the biggest merkin out there, don't know why you guys actually want him on your coaching staff, can't string three coherent words together).

And after tonight, I only have something against Gordon Tallis and Chris Sandow. Did Sandow think he was at South Africa 2010 and was playing for Brazil tonight? That was a low act from a player who, until tonight, I had a lot of respect for in the sense that he always puts 100% in and is a tough competitor.

But yes, I do seriously wish your team good luck in 2011 .. I would prefer to see Souths in the top 8 instead of teams like Canterbury, Melbourne, Brisbane, Parramatta, Cronulla, Manly etc.

Kicking people while they're down... Sure sign of a true wanker.

You are so right DKOR,

Refer the below post from S.ST.I.D. in the Tigers forum when Souths beat the Tigers.

It shows no class and it shows your fans do it too.

You just lost to a Premier League side.

Pathetic, irrelevant, c@nt of a club. Undoubtedly the worst top 4 team in the history of any sport in any country at any time in the Earth's history.

:lol::lol::lol:

Wobbygong

First Grade
You are so right DKOR,

Refer the below post from S.ST.I.D. in the Tigers forum when Souths beat the Tigers.

It shows no class and it shows your fans do it too.

You just lost to a Premier League side.

Pathetic, irrelevant, c@nt of a club. Undoubtedly the worst top 4 team in the history of any sport in any country at any time in the Earth's history.

:lol::lol::lol:

Goddo

Bench
Carn SOUFFS! :lol:

You lot are a bunch of toothless poofs smelling of arse and gin. Is Sandow getting ready for the commonwealth games? I didn't know he wanted to be a world class diver.

Your team sucks big black donkey balls.

Enjoy mad monday. You lot fell short of finals again, but at least you avoided the spoon this year!

Carn Souffs. :lol:

Wobbygong

First Grade
Yes the better team won tonight but we'll learn from this year so what's the Dragons excuse going to be when they fail once again to prove themselves in the big games.

How about you imposters actually make the eight for once, before throwing stones anywhere else?? Your club is a disgrace and laughing stock for the rest of the league - yes we laugh at you Mixo fans what a pathetic lot you are, the look on the mixo supporters faces on the hill last night was absolutely brilliant, I think only a rooster fan would have enjoyed it more than us.

I would be filthy if I supported that rabble of a club, especially given you spent so much $$$ trying to buy a team and gain a position in the top eight and still came up well short. :lol::lol::lol:

Big Sam

First Grade
I went to the game and when you compare the enthousiasm of our minor premier U20s with some of the deadweight that was present in 1st grade, it's obvious we need a cleanout. Time for wesser to go and make Crocker captain.

boo_boo

Juniors
We need a bit more than that Sam.
The fact that we had to throw Luke Capewell into the deep end when Sutto was unavailable just showed that we had no plans to cover this vital position & to me that is where we faltered.
I think it's fair to say that the loss of Craig Wing has hurt us more than our management cares to admit & it was has come back to haunt us big time.
This feeder club arrangement with North Sydney offers no support to us when we need replacements & it should be scrapped & i dont care how much we save from it.
If the Dragons are stupid enough to celebrate last nights game like it was a GF win then that's up to them but they have proven that they are also guilty of underperforming as well.
Anyway congratulations to our U20's who wrapped up the minor premiership & has done us all proud.

Latest posts