What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George Illawarra Dragons vs New Zealand Warriors *Live updates*

thuganomics

Coach
Questionable second try to Greenshields.

Apparently Matt Cooper has a hamstring injury and will probably miss origin 1. Tahu in left centre you would assume.

Tommy Smith

Referee
thuganomics said:
Questionable second try to Greenshields.

Apparently Matt Cooper has a hamstring injury and will probably miss origin 1. Tahu in left centre you would assume.
Unfortunate for Cooper if thats the case...but it could be a good and much deserved opportunity for Amos Roberts.

Iafeta

Referee
Three points - but firstly, its our sh!thouse organisation and discipline that costs us narrow losses week in week out; BUT

1. The Price high tackle - joke of a call
  2. Greenshields heel was on the sideline, no video referee referral, touch > SG Ball
  3. When do the referees decide to blow time off for kicks, dead set, Gorrell just about started stroking himself for that last kick. Check the ball twice after putting it down, wipe away all the sweat, get in a trance in front of the posts - for a second I thought Brent Webb had signed for the Dragons. A few years ago Schifcofske got a fine for not beating the clock, I think Gorrell went under, but deadset, how long can you wank around in front of the sticks for with 2 minutes to play without the referee knowing whats going on.
That, and missing countless knock ons from the Warriors. F*ck me Warriors, most frustrating side in the comp, I genuinely feel sorry for Price who busts his ar$e week in week out consistently and gets done over by the same error merchants - particularly Toopi. On for five minutes, makes two awful defensive plays, tries.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Iafeta said:
  1. When do the referees decide to blow time off for kicks, dead set, Gorrell just about started stroking himself for that last kick. Check the ball twice after putting it down, wipe away all the sweat, get in a trance in front of the posts - for a second I thought Brent Webb had signed for the Dragons. A few years ago Schifcofske got a fine for not beating the clock, I think Gorrell went under, but deadset, how long can you wank around in front of the sticks for with 2 minutes to play without the referee knowing whats going on.

Last week it took Brett Hodgson two minutes from the ball being dotted down to him getting foot to ball.

The time wasting police fad is over, nobody pays attention to it now.

Iafeta

Referee
Didn't Hasem El Masri and Clinton Schifcofske get fined for it? The clubs who paid those fines should demand a refund, after watching Gorrell's effort. You can't penalise teams financially one year, and not give a cr@p the year after.

Is it just me - or did the fining/blowing time off go out the window once Brent Webb was not the Warriors first up goal kicker?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Iafeta said:
The Price high tackle - joke of a call
Agreed.
Although the fella who lifted Leaneo wasn't penalised (he was placed on report later).
Leaneo was injured because of that.
Iafeta said:
Greenshields heel was on the sideline, no video referee referral, touch > SG Ball
Maybe. I don't think it was that clear cut though. Should have gone to the video ref and then I don't know which way it would have gone.
Benefit of the doubt was given to Mannering's try... another one which wasn't so clear cut.
Iafeta said:
When do the referees decide to blow time off for kicks, dead set, Gorrell just about started stroking himself for that last kick. Check the ball twice after putting it down, wipe away all the sweat, get in a trance in front of the posts - for a second I thought Brent Webb had signed for the Dragons. A few years ago Schifcofske got a fine for not beating the clock, I think Gorrell went under, but deadset, how long can you wank around in front of the sticks for with 2 minutes to play without the referee knowing whats going on.
Well crap happens, but you really haven't got much of a case now. Especially considering that you yourself think that Gorrell went under the alotted time.
Iafeta said:
Didn't Hasem El Masri and Clinton Schifcofske get fined for it?
For going under the time limit? I don't think so.
For going over the time limit? I think so, but how long ago was that? As IanRitchie said, it hasn't happened for ages. You said yourself that it was a few years ago.

Anon

Bench
The kicker is allowed to take 90 seconds to kick a goal. When the Dragons got the penalty there was a tad over 2 minutes left on the clock. When the Warriors kicked off there was just under 50 seconds left. That would indicate that he didn't take more than 90 seconds to kick the goal.

The goal kicker doesn't have to do squat when there is time off while the referee talks to the opposition captain.

miketyson

Juniors
What about one of the warriors racing out of the line and grabbing a Dragon & almost starting an all-in brawl..

Badger stops play , gives a caution then tells the warriors to play the ball???

WTF is that all about!!!

Latest posts