What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stadium announcer tricked by young fans and falls for prank

GongPanther

Referee
It’s a classic… but that didn’t stop the AFC Fylde stadium announcer falling for one of the oldest pranks in the book.

Fylde, the National League side, were in action on Tuesday night and romped to an easy 4-1 defeat of Ramsbottom United in the FA Trophy.

However, one person associated with the club was left with egg on their face – the stadium announcer.

Fylde revealed on Wednesday that three young kids duped the man behind the microphone into asking for a Nissan Micra to be moved in the car park as it was blocking their dad’s car in an emergency.

The announcer took the all important detail – the vehicle’s registration – and read it out over the loudspeaker to all in attendance.

But it was not an emergency and the car doesn’t even exist, with the announcer falling for a classic in the prank call genre.

The number plate of the imaginary car was ‘NE14 ABJ’, which, when spoken out loud character by character, reads… well, we’ll let you figure it out.

"My dad's blocked in and it's an emergency – could you read this out?"

Aye, an emergency is it lads? pic.twitter.com/vJR0m8OgzH

https://talksport.com/football/493690/fylde-stadium-announcer-prank/

LOL!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I still think it’s nothing compared to the SCG announcer being tricked into calling John Sutton a legend..

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Scott Tronc made regular appearances on announcers teamsheets between 05-10.

Wouldn't have been a problem if it wasn't for the fact his name was shane, happened 3 times at suncorp that i witnessed

Latest posts