What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stadium violence

Zaphod

Juniors
Hurriflatch that is correct! They were very close to getting smith but Parra saw who had more potential and quickly gave witt the kick he deserved....now Souths might get hold of him....but monas first i hope

Stagger eel

Staff member
Zaphod said:
Hurriflatch that is correct! They were very close to getting smith but Parra saw who had more potential and quickly gave witt the kick he deserved....now Souths might get hold of him....but monas first i hope

Witt to Souths???...since when?

Zaphod

Juniors
since I started the rumour 5 minutes ago :)

the idea is this.
Start a rumour and pray that it comes true :D
I can only hope that both Monas and witt get shipped off as a package deal to souths and then manly can focus on Travis Burns and Orford, then look at bringing up Aaron groom to take over from orford in 3 years.

Groome is an absolute freak and will be of Tim Smith Rookie status if he continues on current form.

The Colonel

Immortal
What has happened to JP Cherry? I thought he had some skill about him during last years PL Finals.....

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
What has happened to JP Cherry? I thought he had some skill about him during last years PL Finals.....

probably the same place where Mitch Creary and Phil Moorwood are, on the scrap heap!! :D

Zaphod

Juniors
he is still there but the bloke is dead set 50 years old. a good Pl player but not a first grader.

Our flegg team got some cracking players from the SG ball side. This groome kid is about 15 or 16 I think and my god can he throw a ball around the park. I saw 2 SG Ball games at the local park and was astonished at some of their skill.

next year Travis Burns and Adam Cuthbertson will be the new names coming from the Manly PL side into first grade.
Glenn Stewart has to be close to a start as well, he is another great player but a little bit on the small side for a forward, and his preferred position is Lock so BK will hold him back for at least another season. The Tigers have shown us how much size matters though

The Colonel

Immortal
Mitch Creary was fast..... that was about it.

Cherry was touted as a possible halves replacement and looked a half decent prospect.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hey Zaphod!..you guys must be in a very precarious position when you consider the sort of money that Monas and Witt are on...i think you'll find 1 of those 2 will atleast be in Dessies plan for the 6 jumper, don't you agree?

Smartman

Juniors
If this happened at a Canterbury game, the media will be all over it and will make front page news.

Parramatta are media darlings so its ok.

Zaphod

Juniors
eelavation said:
probably the same place where Mitch Creary and Phil Moorwood are, on the scrap heap!! :D

Dont get me started on Phil "deadwood" morewood. Why have a PL team with players that are never going to make first grade, they should change the name back to reserve grade just to try and get the psychology of clubs back. Apparantly next year manly are trying to make their PL side to be full of potential first graders and start grooming them.
For mine they need to get a new coach though. I reckon someone should try to get Matty johns in to do the coaching role

The Colonel

Immortal
Smartman said:
If this happened at a Canterbury game, the media will be all over it and will make front page news.

Parramatta are media darlings so its ok.

You have the proof to suggest that it actually did happen I take it.....

Zaphod

Juniors
eelavation said:
Hey Zaphod!..you guys must be in a very precarious position when you consider the sort of money that Monas and Witt are on...i think you'll find 1 of those 2 will atleast be in Dessies plan for the 6 jumper, don't you agree?

Monas money is a worry because I can not see him fitting into 5/8 He doesnt have a good enough ball playing game to be anything but a liability in 5/8 and he is too small to make an impact like Barret.

Witt just isnt a 5/8 he is a half back and thats about it, he might do well as a hooker but is too slow for mine.

My source says that witt will get first bite of the cherry in 5/8 and will be given about 5 - 6 games to prove himself, if he is no good travis burns will be given a shot. Monas would suit hooker best as he has a good running game when he takes on the line and a good long kicking game, I question his delivery from dummy half though but it is the position that suits him best. The only problem with that is that we have Dunley who is a great hooker and plays with passion and another young kid by the name of ballin breathing down his neck for a spot, and this kid has talent too.

I would say you will find that monas likely will not feature in Manly's plans next year, and I wouldn't be surprised if some "scandle" hits the paper and forces monas from the club, though this is just speculation. Witt is only on 70k, you guys are stillpaying some of his contract, but he isnt too big of a concern.

The problem with Manly is that because they have not had money for so long, when they got money again they went crazy locking up a lot of players and over paying them, they also felt obligated to "help" out ex-players and current players which has cost them dearly. They have forgotten how to handle the finances.

I would like to see the following shown the door and in this order

1 - Jason King (Softest prop ever to play league 8 metres 1 hitup in the final against parra 23 mins of football)
2 - Monas
3 - Matai
4 - Witt

Stagger eel

Staff member
Zaphod said:
Dont get me started on Phil "deadwood" morewood. Why have a PL team with players that are never going to make first grade, they should change the name back to reserve grade just to try and get the psychology of clubs back. Apparantly next year manly are trying to make their PL side to be full of potential first graders and start grooming them.
For mine they need to get a new coach though. I reckon someone should try to get Matty johns in to do the coaching role

what's wrong with Toovey??

Smartman

Juniors
The Colonel said:
You have the proof to suggest that it actually did happen I take it.....

Lots of things happen at other teams games that get un noticed and media will ignore it. Or write a small article at the bottom of page 76 or so. Wouldnt surprise if it did happen.

It just seems like the media have a vendetta against the Canterbury club more than any other club.

The Colonel

Immortal
Smartman said:
Lots of things happen at other teams games that get un noticed and media will ignore it. Or write a small article at the bottom of page 76 or so. Wouldnt surprise if it did happen.

It just seems like the media have a vendetta against the Canterbury club more than any other club.

True. But I am asking do you have the proof to suggest that what was said did take place. I don't care about media vendettas......

Zaphod

Juniors
Toovey is good and all I think, but he has his mind elsewhere, he is a succesful business man and has to focus on his full time job. I thought he was being groomed for the role of head coach but apparantly he wanted the CEO's job and got a bit disgruntled when he was told no chance.

He is a good coach though and a good person to teach the players some mongrel, but for mine they need a coach who was more skill than ticker, tooves was all ticker and a fair bit of skill.

Zaphod

Juniors
Smartman, its more about your media manager.
Manly have Zorba as media manager, hence the large amounts of bad press

Stagger eel

Staff member
Zaphod said:
1 - Jason King (Softest prop ever to play league 8 metres 1 hitup in the final against parra 23 mins of football)
2 - Monas
3 - Matai
4 - Witt

ok!!..we've got information that suggests that Witts on a massive amount, I told Mzi!!..early in the year but he says he was on a fairly modest income, do you know what ball park figure Witty's on??

Zaphod

Juniors
I can tell you pretty much exactly what he is on, I know someone who works high up at his bank......... without breaching privacy i will get a ball park

Stagger eel

Staff member
Zaphod said:
I can tell you pretty much exactly what he is on, I know someone who works high up at his bank......... without breaching privacy i will get a ball park

OK no worries.

The figure i was told he had signed for was quite unbeleivable to say the least, and with Mona's reported 240K and King being on about the same I could fully uderstand your frustration as a disgruntled supporter.

who there determines the size of the pay packet for each player???

Latest posts