What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stain removal vs roosters.

shaggs

Coach
We were shit as a whole.

Players looked slow and unfit.

Disinterested and bored.

I’m not sure what they have been doing at training but the skill level for the basics has dropped.

Contact and hold In defence was weak. Not once did the defender win the ruck.

In attack the forwards plodded forward. No speed and leg drive.

As for this week.
Williams and capewell were the best
Dugan tried hard as always but looks unco.
Morris did his usual defensive job .
Chad will cop it on here but he wasn’t that bad.

Johnson was appalling and non exsitent until it didn’t matter.
Brailey passing from dummy half was poor. Slow an inaccurate.
Prior needs a week or two on the bench.
Nikora is a 1 trick pony.
Bronson Pomeroy did his best to try and get the penis fingers monicker

Stake Removed

First Grade
We dont have a young front rower with impact Fifita & prior will do there hit ups, but they dont charge in at hundred miles per hour, we lack that impact player

chewsta

First Grade
Most of Xerri's Dropped balls were over run. If he gets that timing right that right side will click and will look deadly. Moyza would make Xerri look like a superstar with the way he can hold up a pass at the line and softly hit a flying target.

We desperately need a Hutch Maiava, big human canon ball type player on the bench!

Vin Fizz

Bench
We're not settled. We seem to be a bunch of touch footballers at times and grinders at others. I thought Uele had an impact tonight. Not convinced about Xerri yet. Flawed genius starting to emerge (runs like Sludge, catches like Pom)

txta2

Bench
Bit harsh, could of been 12 all at half time. They will learn.
As for the Nikora remark, I though he was dangerous every single carry. Maybe could of passed earlier to Xerri but that was the kids fault for dropping.
JMoz had the best game all year and Williams is getting better.

Surely

Post Whore
Forwards are a worry I’d be slotting Brailey into the 13 his younger brother can play hooker no point having him play 5 minutes a game , And a four forward bench.

Brailey is tough enough and fit enough to play 13

TODD GACK

Juniors
History says Johnson goes missing OFTEN as does Moylan History also says Dugan averages 16 games a season Moylan 18 why does everyone think because they come to us there will be any will be difference SAME SHIT DIFFERENT DAY people thanks FLANNO

txta2

Bench
Rooters were gifted two tries and the try before halftime was a debacle. SJ seems to still have that Warriors loser mentality with poor decisions. And Katoas poor read and shithouse attempt at a tackle cost them the game

Frenzy.

Immortal
We were shit as a whole.

Players looked slow and unfit.

Disinterested and bored.

I’m not sure what they have been doing at training but the skill level for the basics has dropped.

Contact and hold In defence was weak. Not once did the defender win the ruck.

In attack the forwards plodded forward. No speed and leg drive.

As for this week.
Williams and capewell were the best
Dugan tried hard as always but looks unco.
Morris did his usual defensive job .
Chad will cop it on here but he wasn’t that bad.

Johnson was appalling and non exsitent until it didn’t matter.
Brailey passing from dummy half was poor. Slow an inaccurate.
Prior needs a week or two on the bench.
Nikora is a 1 trick pony.
Bronson Pomeroy did his best to try and get the penis fingers monicker

Yep. He’ll come good though. So will Xerri. Those 2 have to work hard on how they combine. Does Xerri even know how fast he is? His handling errors all came from over running the ball.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Forwards are a worry I’d be slotting Brailey into the 13 his younger brother can play hooker no point having him play 5 minutes a game , And a four forward bench.

Brailey is tough enough and fit enough to play 13

Yeah, defensively he is but cant see him becoming a metre eater which 13 is these days.

There are few answers to the forwards problems because there is no quality depth.

The Pied Piper isn’t the answer. He’s a lazy big lump

Card Shark

Immortal
As for the Nikora remark, I though he was dangerous every single carry. Maybe could of passed earlier to Xerri but that was the kids fault for dropping.

The 1 in the first half I thought he passed at the right tone, just slightly misdirected.

The 1 immediately after halftime was too early, didn’t draw the fullback. If the pass had stuck, Tedesco would’ve changed direction & possibly got Xerri.

Frenzy.

Immortal
The 1 in the first half I thought he passed at the right tone, just slightly misdirected.

The 1 immediately after halftime was too early, didn’t draw the fullback. If the pass had stuck, Tedesco would’ve changed direction & possibly got Xerri.

Moot point, but didn’t Xerri play left centre coming through? Nikora has always been a rightee.

They just have to gel, whether the above is accurate or not.

This Xerri/Nikora issue was predictable. After the Eels game they clearly worked on the combo as Xerri got no ball. So may little things contributed. Passes too hard and too high. I think they were all dropped by Xerri on his shoulder. Over running the ball, not catching passes an elite player would have, positioning in general, timing askew, converging to be running at the same point. All subtle stuff but will get better. I’m excited rather than disappointed to be honest. 7 NRL games between them, only 2 of those together.

Ill just throw this in

Xerri - 6. Did all I expected from him. Defended solidly, did hid hitups and Im guessing got to his points. No clean ball but didnt expect him to get any when I saw rhe run on side.

Nikora - 6. Obviously a natural line runner who has been schooled in it even more over the break. However, looked like a one trick pony last night. Don’t think he passed once to Xerri. Dont even think I saw him look at him. Demon tackler though and exciting prospect for sure but last night showed his limitations. Clearly given a simple role and sticks to it

Surely

Post Whore
Yeah, defensively he is but cant see him becoming a metre eater which 13 is these days.

There are few answers to the forwards problems because there is no quality depth.

The Pied Piper isn’t the answer. He’s a lazy big lump

Unless you look at the radleys and Cameron Murray's of the game

Not metre eaters but quick and solid defenders

Stake Removed

First Grade

If we play Brailey at lock we would need more expansive game with plenty of ball movement, which can bring mistakes, but if clicks we can run the scoreboard quickly

Frenzy.

Immortal

Yeah, could be. Murray averages about 140. Havent looked at Radley but will be down cause he’s been playing 9.

Brailey snr may be able to get those numbers if he doesnt have to make over 60 tackles a week

Card Shark

Immortal
Moot point, but didn’t Xerri play left centre coming through? Nikora has always been a rightee.

They just have to gel, whether the above is accurate or not.

This Xerri/Nikora issue was predictable. After the Eels game they clearly worked on the combo as Xerri got no ball. So may little things contributed. Passes too hard and too high. I think they were all dropped by Xerri on his shoulder. Over running the ball, not catching passes an elite player would have, positioning in general, timing askew, converging to be running at the same point. All subtle stuff but will get better. I’m excited rather than disappointed to be honest. 7 NRL games between them, only 2 of those together.

Ill just throw this in

It’s certainly exciting what could become of these 2 & this year.

We just need to get some hard fought wins in the next 6 weeks before graham gets back,

Dare I say it....Probably time to go back to the grind!

Stake Removed

First Grade
It’s certainly exciting what could become of these 2 & this year.

We just need to get some hard fought wins in the next 6 weeks before graham gets back,

Dare I say it....Probably time to go back to the grind!

cardie i dont think we have the forwards for the grind, if Fifita is out, Gall cant go 80 anymore, its more we need to score 24-28, and win in shootouts