What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stalker alert!!! / Beer appreciation thread

jed

First Grade
Yes, that's right, the girl that's blurred the boundaries between being a fan and a psychotic stalker turns 18 today.

Happy Birthday to Raiderette Robbo!

woodgers

Bench
I am a little baffled that you have just turned 18 and your sig says that you are never drinking beer again. I don't care about underage drinking, I want to know why you have made sure a rash decision at such a young age.

Happy Birthday anyway. Have a few beers too.

thickos

First Grade
woodgers said:
I am a little baffled that you have just turned 18 and your sig says that you are never drinking beer again. I don't care about underage drinking, I want to know why you have made sure a rash decision at such a young age.

:lol:

Damn, now I really want a beer after all this talk.

Happy bday RR, be good - or be good at it :)

Raider_69

Post Whore
raiderette_robbo said:

i call it how it is :)

As for beer, personally i completely understand where she is coming from, hate the sh*t personally, will only drink it if there is absolutely nothing else, and from there its Extra Dry, occasionally a Coldie or nothin... non beer drinking is a common trend amongst young people today, quite strange i thought

woodgers said:

haha...yes well..i tired beer at a party end of last yr...n it wasnt a very pleasent experience afterwards...in other words i think i had alcohol poisoning...i know very wrong seen as i was only 17...but it was my own fault n have learnt from dat...n yeah i jus decided beer wasnt for me
ill stick to chick drinks
and btw...thanks evryone

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: very wrong cause i was only 17... FFS turn it you bloody idiot
id be disappointed if my child hadnt give him or her self alcohol posioning before the age of 16... lords knows i did.

woodgers

Bench
Beer is a great drink but you need to condition yourself and then you won't be able to resist one from there onwards. I couldn't finish a beer in 1998 when I was 18 but then I moved over to England for a while. Over there I went to the pub every day and slowly...ever so slowly....I had trouble going a day without one. I now love beer with a passion and it is my biggest vice in life.

Bay72 used to say the same thing as you 69...crap drink, crap taste, a cheap drink and all that, BUT one day myself and Sully went to the Cricket with him and it was a bloody hot day. They don't sell rum or bourbon there so he was forced to drink beer or white wine. After much thought he chose the beer and has gone from strength to strength from there. Admittedly he can only drink about 8 - 10 before the taste gets to him and he has to change but he will drink it happily now. There is hope for you yet mate.

RR. Beer is a funny drink. One day you can drink 8 and feel exactly the same as you did the day before when you had 2, I guess it is all about food etc. Because some beer is stronger than others you might have just consumed too much of the wrong beer too quickly. I will drink Carlton Draught for example but even 4 of them will give me a headache the next day whereas VB or Cold I can drink all day at the footy and not feel a thing the next day.

I guess my point in these stories is: Don't hate beer, it is your friend. It is like a personal attack that someone says they don't like beer.

Raider_69

Post Whore
yea no doubt its an aquired taste, all my beer drinking mates have said so, they also plan to get me to aquire it, i can drink 1 or 2 at this stage before the taste gets to me but past that meh, at this stage i have no desire to aquire it either... vodka and coke does the job nicely for me, not keen on bourbon as i get ultra aggressive when drinking it, which for a man of my size is not the best idea :lol:

Raider Ultra

Bench
Beer certainly is an acquired taste. I can drink it all night, until I start feeling bloated and sick, then it's all over.

Raider Azz

Bench
trust me 69, when you get older, it'll be all you drink. i wouldnt touch beer either when I was your age. you'll come around.

thickos

First Grade
Problem is RR and 69 you were drinking cat's piss as well - New, or VB. Terrible beers. Get a higher quality beer into you and the taste difference is amazing. I'm partial to a James Squire (Amber Ale) which is very full-bodied and almost sweet in taste. Their India Pale Ale is good as well.

Out of the cheap beers I'd go for a Tooheys Old, but its a very acquired taste.

69 if you're in the city there's a belgian bar near the Rocks I had a party at a few months ago and their beers are magnificent. About 12% alcohol so they're extremely potent but the flavours are incredible. It's an expensive night but they do food to suit the beer as well, it's great. I think the beer is called Aschuf or something... that one is good.

azza

Juniors
seriously i know nothing about alcohol im embarrassed to walk into a bar because i dont know what drink to ask for :-$

plus of the few sips of beer i have had i could barely swallow the stuff. I don't know how to acquire a taste for it

Raider_69

Post Whore
simple to aquire a taste for beer, start slow, get yourself to a level of handling about 5 beers (im not too far from this level now) and then get paraletic on it, ive been tempted many a time but never did it

Thick chops, as i said the only beer ill touch is Extra Dry (which is tops for a few if im in the mood) or Coldies