What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stand by Me

Styles clash

Juniors
1986 film set in 1959 about four 12-year-old boys setting off to find a dead body. Starring before-they-were-as-famous-as-they'd-later-be Will Weaton, River Phoenix, Corey Feldman, Jerry O'Connell, Kiefer Sutherland and John Cusack.

It was good. Narration reminded me of The Wonder Years but this was before The Wonder Years and less comedic. Liked the swearing and 1980s word choices the kids spoke haha. Ending a little too upper middle class comfortable but oh well. At only 88 minutes it's a good watch. And I don't think I'm spoiling to say it's less about the dead body and more a stage of youth ending and the changes that come with it.

Looks good in remastered high definition too with most of it set outdoors.

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
Great music as well.
Love this movie.

One of the rare non supernatural Stephen King stories. They have all been great.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Awesome movie. Pretty sad underlying tone to the movie relating parents playing favourites but such a classic movie with classic actors

Mark B

Juniors
Would love to do the tours of the actual filming locations. Spread out a bit with the majority being filmed in Oregon, but the iconic train and bridge scene was filmed in California. The bridge still exists, the train line has long been out of service though.

Latest posts