What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Standout in each position so far

Whats Doing

Bench
Shannon Walker at fullback is head and shoulders above the others. Kayne Lawnton and Joel Rapana are also ones who will onto NRL

Big Mick

Referee
Lachlan Coote --> Shannon Walker.

Walker can't tackle or create a play for anything.

He's a Rhys Wesser...quick and that is about it.

Coote is the next Kurt Gidley

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Date of birth:
06/04/1990 Place of birth: Sydney NSW

Just turned 18.

I saw he got another 3 points on the weekend in the 3,2,1's the Daily Telegraph do.

christopher

Juniors
Lachlan Coote --> Shannon Walker.

Walker can't tackle or create a play for anything.

He's a Rhys Wesser...quick and that is about it.

Coote is the next Kurt Gidley

thats a rediculous assessment.

i havent seen Coote play but have heard big things about him for the last 2 years or so.

however, Walker has a rugby league brain. have not seen any of the u20's game so dont know how he's going this year.. but based on last year and rep matches, even if he wasnt so quick he would still make first grade as he runs good lines and throws his body around.

players like walker will always receive internet backlash. hardcore fans are so critical of 'the next big thing' they will love him at the start but as soon as others jump on his bandwagon they desert him for another 'next big thing' that can be their own personal cause.

Walker has mistakes in him undoutedly and he can slip off tackles. But he throws his body into everything and ive seen him make some supurb cover tackles.

People think its just because of his pace that he creates tries. but he attacks the football from the back and runs great support lines.

He will play Origin. I dont know about Tests but give him 3-4 years and he will be playing for NSW.

Beyond his ability, he is a great kid, who is lovely to talk to and respectfull of the game and his heritage. What does that matter? It means he has a good attitude and works hard. He will have a great career.

Dogaholic

First Grade
thats a rediculous assessment.

i havent seen Coote play but have heard big things about him for the last 2 years or so.

however, Walker has a rugby league brain. have not seen any of the u20's game so dont know how he's going this year.. but based on last year and rep matches, even if he wasnt so quick he would still make first grade as he runs good lines and throws his body around.

players like walker will always receive internet backlash. hardcore fans are so critical of 'the next big thing' they will love him at the start but as soon as others jump on his bandwagon they desert him for another 'next big thing' that can be their own personal cause.

Walker has mistakes in him undoutedly and he can slip off tackles. But he throws his body into everything and ive seen him make some supurb cover tackles.

People think its just because of his pace that he creates tries. but he attacks the football from the back and runs great support lines.

He will play Origin. I dont know about Tests but give him 3-4 years and he will be playing for NSW.

Beyond his ability, he is a great kid, who is lovely to talk to and respectfull of the game and his heritage. What does that matter, he has a good attitude and works hard. He will have a great career.

Is he a New South Welshman?

christopher

Juniors
Is he a New South Welshman?

Yeah he is.

He played for Palm Beach Currumbin so its a bit mixed up and Walker himself has no real alignment. His mother is from NSW and his father is from QLd, or it could be the other way around...

Ross Livermore is resigned to losing him as the records apparently show his first senior game was played in NSW.

whidds

Juniors
Just wondering if anyone saw the knights game the other day....
i thought stig and garbutt were very impressive....
could stig be ther stand out half of the comp so far?
what do you guys think?

Gallus Gallus

Juniors
stigg is a very talented and underrated half..he was called into play aus schoolboys last yr and did the job for them...hes only just coming back from injury too, so watch out 4 him in future rounds

Panther_Daz

Staff member
1.Lachlan Coote
2.Jamaal Idris
3.Dean Whare
4.Justin Carney
5.Thomas Ah Van
6.Daniel Mortimer
7.Chris Sandow

8.Russell Packer
9.Masada Iosefa
10.Tim Mannah
11.Joel Thompson
12.Daniel Harrison
13.Matt Mundine

14.Jarrad Kennedy
15.Tony Williams
16.Eddy Pettybourne
17.Wade Graham

Didn't pick players who have played First Grade this year.

Fibro_Panther

Juniors
I can only really judge Souths and Pettybourne should be certain to be there and Sandow has also been terrific...best Souths player in all 4 games....and with the way JT has been changing halves could be a bolter to play half for us this week lol...he couldn't do worse than Jeremy Smith.
I would'nt mind seeing Taylor give Sandow at least one or two games in first grade.