What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Standout players from clubs and comp

BatiFan

Juniors
As an avid fan of the Bartercard Cup from a far (based in OZ) could someone please let us all know how the standout players are for each Bartercard Cup team and the absolute standouts from the entire comp?

A few names that I keep seeing are Daniel Floyd, Chris Newton, Simon Mannering, Lee Tamatoa, Ricky Henry, Sean Ata etc. I personally would love to know who the best 3 players are from each club and also who the best 2 young players are at each club.

For instance:

Northcote Tigers: (3 best players) (2 best young talents)

If you people could also include the players age, position and maybe a brief comment about the players that would be most appreciated. I know this may sound like a bit much to ask for, but as an interested supporter I would really like to know more about each club and their players.

top_dog

Juniors
yea the brothers are stacked with young blood including Mt Albert Grammer pupil Leon Panapa Who plays in the halfs. james Kolomatangi Hu iz in the NZ University team plays in the second row and possibly the quickest back three in Raymond Ioane, Tangi Ropati and misi Taulaupapa however misi has been playn center. Evarn tuimavave has been a great asset to the team playn in the forwards. so yea i could say more but dats enuf for now.

BatiFan

Juniors
top_dog, I would be interested to know more about Leon, James, Tangi and Raymond. Do you know how old these players are and do they have the ability to one day play NRL in your opinion?

top_dog

Juniors
Yea leon is abwt 17 nd son of coach nd former kiwi Sam panapa its early to say if he'll make it bcoz he didnt make da NZ elite squad for the JKs but wif Batercard experience at such a young age he shud devlp into a player 2 watch. james nd tangi are abwt to turn 21 i fink nd raymond iz 20. ray had a stint up north Qsld last year. They do have the ability 2 make u just have 2 look @ Steve Matai hu playd for Manly @ the start of the year.

BatiFan

Juniors
How big are James and Tangi? I have heard good reports about both and would be interested to see whether they are eager to enhance their careers beyond BC?

top_dog

Juniors
Yea ive also seen North Harbour and Glenora play there are alot of young players in the Glenora side while harbour have alot of Bc experience players. Ive been in impressed with there prop Arnold Sua hes 21 and karl Guttenbiel he is a great asset to this squad. he allows room for his outsides (the centers) the experience Ricky Henry.
for glenora St Pauls students Matika vatuvei and scott jones are playn. there hooker dean sheapard is an awesome in backing up players like Hame Luakai.

BatiFan

Juniors
What position is Scott Jones and is Arnold Sua a solid unit? How would he be comparable to and is his fitness ok?

top_dog

Juniors
Scotts a loose forward. well arnold iz quite fit aye i watched him play the 60 minutes of football before being interchanged so yea, he used to play second five eight in rugby i understand rugby iz still tryn get him.

BatiFan

Juniors
hahaha accy, I wish I were a scout, means I could get paid for trying to identify all the best talent. To be honest with you though, I have throught about the possibility of player management and believe that if there is enough talent in NZ to sustain the Warriors being competitive and the BC to be successful, then talented young players who are not with the Warriors should be able to experience the chance to come to OZ or go to England to play.

top_dog

Juniors
yea thought Batifan was something lik dat just a keen fan. u neva know i mite b a player scout myself.

accy stanley

Juniors
Well are ya top dog? Yeah your right Bati you could come over here and take a least
50 players from 14 upwards and have no problem turning them into top NRL players.
Where do these kids go to theres no Prem or Jersey over here. We have a NJC but only runs for around 8 weeks. Most of the top players are signed to something so you guys cant get your hands on them then they let them go when they get a little older. If any kids ask me I always tell them take your chances in Aussie more teams better chance of being looked at.

Humphrey

Juniors
Corbin said:
where is 'In Sua' these days?

Playing under seventeens at Richmond I hear which is probably why he didnt get picked in the Auckland eighteens. Most of the guys on the list are playing for Fox or Bartercard sides who got picked which is where he should be [playing. Dont know why the Richmond topside coach isnt looking at him or why the club isnt promoting him

top_dog

Juniors
nAH iU PLAYN FIRST 15 nD 13 FOR sT PAULS. dONT know y. heard he got cut from the warriors development but i dont know y they wouudve. He played one game in the seventeens then got called up to fox played a game then went to play rugby for his school. hope that helps.

Humphrey

Juniors
I here lots of our players are playing rugby these days beats me why and the auckland league dont seem to be doing enough about it. I think like most groups they have there favorites and the closed shop doesnt let any one else in the door. Some players get all the pampering and exposure and some get nothing

Latest posts