What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Trek or Star Wars

Trek versus Wars?

• Total voters

GBT

Juniors
This might belong in the confessions thread. Which do you prefer, Trek or Darth wotshisname.

I can't stand the original Star Trek, but must confess to being a bit of a trek anorak - I own a Klingon dictionary; it was forced on me.....
and I am somewhat partial to Ketrosel White. :evil:

Star Wars sux big time for mine. :shock:

~bedsy~

First Grade
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well I must say I would preffer Star Wars as I was bought up with it from my dad..... But he loves Star Trek as well and that is the most stupidest show I have ever seen in my life... and I have seen some stupid ones :lol: :lol:
So yeah Star Wars (for mine :lol: ;-) )

GBT

Juniors
bedsy said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well I must say I would preffer Star Wars as I was bought up with it from my dad..... But he loves Star Trek as well and that is the most stupidest show I have ever seen in my life... and I have seen some stupid ones :lol: :lol:

HTF can you say it's "the most stupidest show"? It isn't one show (God I hate that Merkin term)
Alright it aint cutting edge sci-fi, but it is at least in the sci-fi bracket.

I've never heard of Stephen Hawking being interested in Star Wars. 8)

BTW, for some reason, I hate the Trek Movies.

~bedsy~

First Grade
GBT said:
bedsy said:

HTF can you say it's "the most stupidest show"? It isn't one show (God I hate that Merkin term)
Alright it aint cutting edge sci-fi, but it is at least in the sci-fi bracket.

I've never heard of Stephen Hawking being interested in Star Wars. 8)

BTW, for some reason, I hate the Trek Movies.
Well I'm not huge on sci-fi's... even star wars aint that great it's just better then Star Trek.

Far out, I didn't want to choose either, but.... I had to go The Trek !! I mean Hans Solo was yummmmyyy... But Spock, is like Beam me up Scotty :lol:

POSTK0002.jpg

star-wars-crop.jpg

alex

Juniors
I hate them both! I cannot stand Sci-fi, it annoys me more than anything else. Your poll needs a third option.

JoeD

First Grade
leia7.jpg

Just one of many reasons to pick Star Wars over Trek. :p

Can anyone else see the picture of Leia in a bikini? I can see it when I 'preview' my message before posting but it doesn't want to work on the main page.

GBT

Juniors
I recently bought the book 'Star Trek Star Charts'. I guess I'm just an anorak wanting to know where all these aliens live.

Woudln't mind one of those Holodecks. 8)

The only trouble with Trek is - why is Picard bald? Surely they're not stuck with regrain in the 24th century..... :?

Anonymous

Juniors
JoeD said:
leia7.jpg

Just one of many reasons to pick Star Wars over Trek. :p

Can anyone else see the picture of Leia in a bikini? I can see it when I 'preview' my message before posting but it doesn't want to work on the main page.

It didnt come up at first but it's there now, Joe.

btw, I'm a Seven of NIne fan meself. 8)

Green Eye

Juniors
I decided not to vote because I don't believe you can compare the two. Star Wars is a set of movies but Star Trek is mostly television series. Trek movies suck but the shows are excellent. The best trek series are DS9 and Voyager (although voyager started off less than promising).

I could never get into next gen. Something about it always irritated me and I'm not too sure about Enterprise.

If I had to pick I would say Star Wars although I feel that Star Trek is much more detailed and has better plots. I'm a fan of action and that is why Star Wars gets my tick.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Have half of you gone crazy???

Star Wars is a classic.

Star Trek is just stupid. Atleast Star Wars is more about a storyline than the effects and gadgets.

Moffo

Referee
Star Trek. Grew up on it and loved the concept. I think this question comes down to a question of what concept you'd prefer to watch. I know they are both sci-fi, but in reality, the themes are quite different

The latest Star Wars movies have left a sour taste in my mouth. Jai Laigaia in a Star Warts movie?? Get Buggered!

Cheers,
Moffo

I go with the 3rd option - neither. Both are on the intellectual level of kids' comic books, IMO. I used to read those comics in the early 60s, before Star Trek was on TV, and I'd outgrown that genre before it came on tv.

I think there is such a thing as intelligent sci-fi, but neither Trek or Wars is it.

suburbanknight

Juniors
Only one winner for me, Star Wars. It was the first film I ever saw at the cinema, when I was aged just 6 in 1977 and it blew me away. Not too keen on the new films, they aint a patch on the first 2 films.