What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 1 - 2024

kit66

Bench
Our guys were great, Su'a made some great tackles and off-loads, Lomax did what Lomax does - great try - and little Benny Hunt, 2 tries, 18 SOO's, 15 Australian caps, Captain of the greatest club in history played like a champion but sadly underappreciated by his club's miserable fans whose collection of scapegoats could fill the walls of a Wyoming Hunting Lodge.

kit66

Bench
Your post means that coaches would develop a way to dispense with an opposition play maker late in a close club game let alone a semi or GF.

Belllamy would love to find a new way to rort the rules like the wrestle, the chicken wing, the crusher, the hip drop etc.

That's a bit cynical but yeah, I don't have the answer, I just know the game was ruined beyond repair and it's not what the fans come to see - why punish everyone.

FlickFlano

Juniors
Our guys were great, Su'a made some great tackles and off-loads, Lomax did what Lomax does - great try - and little Benny Hunt, 2 tries, 18 SOO's, 15 Australian caps, Captain of the greatest club in history played like a champion but sadly underappreciated by his club's miserable fans whose collection of scapegoats could fill the walls of a Wyoming Hunting Lodge.
100% right .. Hunt again showed what a class/quality hooker he is.

True_Believer

Juniors
Picture Suaali making the exact same tackle on a Dragons player in the ANZAC game. Still think it's not a send off?
To be honest, if it was the Dragons I would have been happy with 10 in the bin. He was falling and had he not, we would all be raving about how good the hit was. BUT, the issue here is that the player tackled doesn't come back on. If it's only a sin bin, the team are short a player for only 10 minutes and the opposition are inconvenienced for the whole game. Either way, the game is impacted significantly.

In this case, as I've already said, it decided the result in the first 10 minutes. And, at least I believe, it's decided the series. For me Origin is no longer what it used to be with the changes to the game and the dominance of QLD for so long. I have very little interest in following it anymore.

Walpole

Juniors
Yep, if the dragons player drops at the last fraction of a second to change it from a chest shot to a head high. For me, if there’s no intent to hit the head - 10 in the bin.

IMO you nail the key to it he wasn’t looking at Walsh therefore there was no intent. If Walsh hadn’t dropped it was chest contact.
Haha, love it. Let's re-visit the topic next time one of our guys is knocked out by a shoulder to the head.

“Our guys” including two who have sought to get out of the club and held us to ransom. Bit hard to feel the loyalty.

what a stupid comment.

But yeah they all played well.

Ravalawa would get banned big time.
Ain’t that the truth.

minutes earlier Su’a’ali put a massive body contact on a qld player whilst in possession. The defender (Dearden I think) went flying. Joseph’s intent to be brutal was clear.
I think it’s a big factor Walsh was falling in calculating intent but if you are going to comin that aggressively you need to be sure you don’t get someone in the head. NSW have a right to be dirty on their own player but he was on a mission for them so what do you do. Ruined what would have been a contest.

kit66

Bench
“Our guys” including two who have sought to get out of the club and held us to ransom. Bit hard to feel the loyalty.

what a stupid comment.

But yeah they all played well.

They're ours for 2024, what's the difference if I call them our guys or The Dragons' players ?
Mate, nearly everything that's happened since 2012 has made it hard to feel loyalty but either you're with us or against us, what are you gunna do ? Every team has players coming and going and some have a grumble occasionally, some do stupid things like have BBQ's or miss training, so, life goes on. Hunt still plays his heart out, Lomax too and at least they didn't do a Gordon fkn Tallis.

Dragon David

First Grade
To be honest, if it was the Dragons I would have been happy with 10 in the bin. He was falling and had he not, we would all be raving about how good the hit was. BUT, the issue here is that the player tackled doesn't come back on. If it's only a sin bin, the team are short a player for only 10 minutes and the opposition are inconvenienced for the whole game. Either way, the game is impacted significantly.

In this case, as I've already said, it decided the result in the first 10 minutes. And, at least I believe, it's decided the series. For me Origin is no longer what it used to be with the changes to the game and the dominance of QLD for so long. I have very little interest in following it anymore.
The overall domination by QLD in SOO games (70 QLD to 58 NSW) and series (QLD 24, NSW 16 with 2 drawn) is making the concept one way traffic particularly in the past 2 decades (QLD 15, NSW 8 series wins). It is no wonder a lot of the NSW followers are feeling deflated. On the other hand if you were a QLD follower, you would be inflated.

But I get the angst being a NSW supporter since the inception of the concept.

In these games now, all I want to see (well foremost NSW winning) is for our players no matter what State they represent, play well and not get injured.

BLM01

First Grade
Haha, love it. Let's re-visit the topic next time one of our guys is knocked out by a shoulder to the head.
I get your point but there have been other tackle techniques worse this year JWH for example last week? but the result was not as dramatic or did not hit the sweet spot to cause an issue
Result in only 10 in bin, on report only or nothing for the match review committee to spin the wheel to land on minor or major grade or $$$ prize or fine

Coffs dragon

Bench
Up there with one of the worst Origin Games I’ve seen. It really was a no contest. NSW were in it up until the kick off & then it just got ugly.
Once QLD scored that first very early try you could sense it was a tough night ahead.
QLD were brilliant & speed to burn in their backline. Too good again!

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Up there with one of the worst Origin Games I’ve seen. It really was a no contest. NSW were in it up until the kick off & then it just got ugly.
Once QLD scored that first very early try you could sense it was a tough night ahead.
QLD were brilliant & speed to burn in their backline. Too good again!
Billy isn't even some mastermind with the way he coaches although I do believe he's one of the best minds in the game. He just picks his team using common sense, while Madge thinks it's a great idea to have Hudson Young taking up a bench spot because he was just so spectacular in origin last year

Coffs dragon

Bench
Billy isn't even some mastermind with the way he coaches although I do believe he's one of the best minds in the game. He just picks his team using common sense, while Madge thinks it's a great idea to have Hudson Young taking up a bench spot because he was just so spectacular in origin last year
& have your Captain play 20 mins….
Certainly Billy Slater is proving a true great Origin Coach.
I thought the NSW spine & lack of connection was a glaring weakness. Teddys best & speed are behind him.

WepnutV

Juniors
In my 35 years of watching origin, that was the worst game I have seen. Low quality, no contest and lacked the usual origin vibe

Latest posts