What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2018

Travitoh

First Grade
TBH,I'd never heard of OZTAM!!

What I gleaned from looking at comments & numbers was that the AFL has been on top for TV viewing for a very long time over the NRL. Actual bums on seats has been 3 or 4 to 1 also in favour of the AFL.
Oztam does indicate that surveys are done in the capital cities but I would say that people in WA,NT,SA,TAS, VIC & Sthn NSW would watch AFL mostly!!

That's because AFL is a national competition unlike the 'N' RL (more like 'E for Eastern' RL - Amirite?)
The fact that RL even competes goes to show the potential of the game. There is huge national interest in SOO but at club level the NRL has shown very little intent to build on that interest until recently and even then, doing enough to satisfy the curiosity of non-RL areas is a long way away yet.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I pray with all my heart our 3 guys get through origin unscathed particularly Cookie and Angus!

Pommy

Coach
Just realised I couldn’t give a shit about this game tonight. With the series won and World Cup fever in full course I’ve barely given it a second thought.

Last edited:

doyen

Bench
Just realised I couldn’t give a shit about this game tonight. With the series in and World Cup fever in full course I’ve barely given it a second thought.

I'm with you there--not much interest from me!!!

doyen

Bench
I pray with all my heart our 3 guys get through origin unscathed particularly Cookie and Angus!

Apparently Angus & Cookie have become very close mates since progressing to SOO together----this could affect his signing with us--would the Roosters be capable of using Angus as leverage??
They wouldn't hesitate to offload a "friend" either!

Cookie's walking down the aisle in November & wanting to start a family so he'd be looking at the biggest contract he can get---he is 26 yrs & only been paid chicken-feed so far in his career----we'll have to go in big to keep him,I reckon!!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Apparently Angus & Cookie have become very close mates since progressing to SOO together----this could affect his signing with us--would the Roosters be capable of using Angus as leverage??
They wouldn't hesitate to offload a "friend" either!

Cookie's walking down the aisle in November & wanting to start a family so he'd be looking at the biggest contract he can get---he is 26 yrs & only been paid chicken-feed so far in his career----we'll have to go in big to keep him,I reckon!!
He's 27 now Doyen. Rorters won't have enough money. Not a chance at all..... stuff em....
I reckon Cookie will stay. 700-750 it'll probably take!

Plus Politis loves Jake Friend to death at Rorters!

callmack1

Staff member
Well personally, I can't wait for this game tonight!!

The series might be over but come on, it's Origin!! There is no such thing as a dead rubber.

Rabbits20

Immortal
HT 12-8 to the blues, how they ended up in front is a miracle imo but it's a great game to watch.
@callmack1 Coooooookkkkkkkkiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee hell yeah.............

Stand and applaud Callmack............

Stand and applaud bro..............

On another note why can't Gagai play that well for us?? He's been solid but I want more when he's playing for us....

Go Bunnies

Juniors
@callmack1 Coooooookkkkkkkkiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee hell yeah.............

Stand and applaud Callmack............

Stand and applaud bro..............

On another note why can't Gagai play that well for us?? He's been solid but I want more when he's playing for us....
I don’t think Gagai has played well at all - too slow as a centre. Why are we paying him $700k? 2 of our spine players are on $300 or less!!

ThingFish

Juniors
How the Fnck did Slater get man of the match?

Edit - How did he also get Wally Lewis medal? Complete joke.

Last edited:

Latest posts