What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2023

Blair

Coach
Well, here we go again, cometh the monster!

Origin sides due to be named in the next hour or so, but news of players arriving into camp has dropped anyway

Damien Cook dropped for NSW entirely by the sounds of it, Jake T pulled out last night and talk is Pangai will come in, Hudson Young is there and Frizzell gets a recall

Sounds like Ponga has been dropped for Reece Walsh, and Gagai looking like being dropped. Lol, all the “pick and stick” and “qld loyalty” wank shown to be rubbish again.

Blair

Coach
If I was the Newcastle coach I'd be pleased about not losing Ponga. He just doesn't need that physical threat right now. Remember, they ref Origin differently.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Like the upcoming cricket Ashes this helps us through winter! It always does.

Scott

Bench
TPJ would have to rank among the weirdest and most undeserved selection of Fittlers tenure.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
TPJ would have to rank among the weirdest and most undeserved selection of Fittlers tenure.
Not a fan of him at all, for me has always been a player that would put on 1 play, then think he job was done for the day and would produce nothing else. I can see the merit in him here though, when he comes on, something will happen either way lol

Surprised about Olakau’atu, was resigned to losing him for Manly but a bonus to have him playing this week, didn’t think there’d been a better backrower than him this year

Blair

Coach
Not a fan of him at all, for me has always been a player that would put on 1 play, then think he job was done for the day and would produce nothing else. I can see the merit in him here though, when he comes on, something will happen either way lol

Surprised about Olakau’atu, was resigned to losing him for Manly but a bonus to have him playing this week, didn’t think there’d been a better backrower than him this year
When you compare the squads it's hard to see how it would be a close contest, but then how many times has Qld made a mockery of that?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
When you compare the squads it's hard to see how it would be a close contest, but then how many times has Qld made a mockery of that?
That’s the narrative they always trot out, but a 6,7 and 9 of Munster, DCE and Grant will always have them in any contest

what day this week are they going to have their flu outbreak ?

Scott

Bench
That’s the narrative they always trot out, but a 6,7 and 9 of Munster, DCE and Grant will always have them in any contest

what day this week are they going to have their flu outbreak ?
I think gastro usually strikes on the Sunday afternoon. Like clockwork every year

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Capewell, Ponga and Gagai are very un-Queensland calls…. Strange times
“Pick and stick” “qld loyalty”, always been a bit of a myth, Queenslanders always get a bit warped at this time of year, no better example than 360 last night with Tallis and Read lol. No problems with Toni’s efforts, but Luai was a disgrace, liked old Garden Trellis saying, “what’s worse, that or me getting sent off for words”. Calling Harrigan a f’ing cheat is probably a bit worse Gordy

JJ

Immortal
“Pick and stick” “qld loyalty”, always been a bit of a myth, Queenslanders always get a bit warped at this time of year, no better example than 360 last night with Tallis and Read lol. No problems with Toni’s efforts, but Luai was a disgrace, liked old Garden Trellis saying, “what’s worse, that or me getting sent off for words”. Calling Harrigan a f’ing cheat is probably a bit worse Gordy
yeah, that's hilarious

The loyalty has been real, Gagai is a sterotypical raise your game in origin guy... the other two are strange, I guess there are questions over Ponga, but NSW will be looking for Walsh's fragilities, surely

Blair

Coach
Blues' news: Mitchell out (injured calf at training), Crichton in, Burton 18th Man.

Blair

Coach
Being neutral (I'm not a Qld fan anymore) I reckon I'll only shout at the TV twice tonight.

One, will be during Nine's too long, too over the top, intro and two, when I get my first, but not last, sight of Tedesco's underpants.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Lol, who won the series?
I’ll pick that NSW won it, but not totally sure of that, but was the heat Super League was on with their tri series

Origin not the same now without hearing Tommy talking on some media platform pre match. What a legend, RIP

Latest posts