What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2024

Blair

Coach
90,084 in attendance. Origin ain't going away when you get those numbers. What a shame the decider wasn't played here though.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Mitchell with a Cumberland throw on Walsh and a body slam finisher.
This tackle was really no different that RTS'. Difference being it's Origin, so you get away with more, because I dunno, you become superhuman and impervious to injury in Origin as opposed to the NRL? Love to see Annersley pick the bones out of the difference. He'd find a way.

Big Marn

Bench
This tackle was really no different that RTS'. Difference being it's Origin, so you get away with more, because I dunno, you become superhuman and impervious to injury in Origin as opposed to the NRL? Love to see Annersley pick the bones out of the difference. He'd find a way.
I was thinking the same. I went back and watched both tackles side by side and the main difference is that Mitchell doesnt drive the player into the ground with any force. He kind of throws him from a height. Whereas RTS stayed with the player all the way to the ground meaning there was some combined force of ground impact and RTS's weight, constituting a "penalty". The NFL have a similar rule to protect their Quarterbacks. Maybe NRL took on this change from the NFL.

God I miss the old days.

Meth

Staff member

two wrong don’t make a right I suppose.

annersley getting up with that shit eating grin and whitewashing it infuriated me more than Badger’s incompetency. Hope he has something to say about this

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
two wrong don’t make a right I suppose.

annersley getting up with that shit eating grin and whitewashing it infuriated me more than Badger’s incompetency. Hope he has something to say about this
Nah you're exactly right on Annesley. To be able to have the time to analyse that, and give the BS response he did, was hard to take. He won't say a thing about the Latrell tackle, because there's no outrage. And the fact the RTS one got any coverage at all, probably, was because it was RTS. If it was Adam Pompey, probably no coverage. The CHT/Townsend one didn't get much, did it?

Two wrongs don't make a right, but they said it was right on Saturday afternoon, therefore that sort of tackle should have been pulled up again. It was almost identical. But of course you'd never do that in Origin because the wolves would howl.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
It was too late at night lol, there are 2 Mitchell tackles being discussed here ? The one I think Phil was referencing was when he picked Walsh up like a little kid and dropped him, no issue with that one. Can’t remember who the lifting tackle was on but probably should have gone, think as Bog Marn said, they made a deal about RTS leaving his feet the other day for some reason and that was the only real difference with that one

Blair

Coach
'Oh, I can't watch women's rugby, it's pathetic!' That's my mother talking, and she was talking about league as well, but, at 82, we just have to write her generation off when it comes to supporting the women's game.

The decider is on tonight in Townsville but, here on our forum, we're also not the most enlightened bunch either, are we?

Last edited: