What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin Game Thread

butchmcdick

Immortal
I was the luckiest f**ker in the game

Did nothing and had the good fortune to be recruited into the winning team at the very end

Come at me bish :)

Apey

Staff member
If Monk had been lynched at any time the cult would have been fairly well screwed.

Cult were way overpowered.

Oh well, things I've learned today...

Monk's a good liar, Apey's a decent liar and JM is a bad liar.

I only dropped the cover because if we had lynched smiley instead of red bear it was definitely game over after the night phase. With some luck it was over anyway.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Yah, Monk and Mis were the two recruits that sent the cult to the next level. Without either of them, it would have been a lot more even.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Cult were way overpowered.

Oh well, things I've learned today...

Monk's a good liar, Apey's a decent liar and JM is a bad liar.

Yep. Unfortunately, spending a game behind the scenes with the bunny didn't help my bullshitting prowess one bit.

dogslife

Coach
Cult was only overpowered because they recruited the right people.

Monk took over Bazzi's kill after he killed him, you lot didn't seem to pick up on that

Apey

Staff member
Yah, Monk and Mis were the two recruits that sent the cult to the next level. Without either of them, it would have been a lot more even.

You mean JM instead of Mis?

Anyway thanks for the game afs, 'twas fun and allowed me to roleplay as a merkin.

soc123_au

Staff member
Monk took over Bazzi's kill after he killed him, you lot didn't seem to pick up on that

That one there is the lynch pin. If we had of twigged to that the outcome most likely would have been different. I just couldn't get my head around that another faction member would be given access to our QT and control of our kill. A simple investigation on Monk would have been the smart move but by that time I had tunnel vision looking for Joey.

afinalsin666

First Grade
You mean JM instead of Mis?

Anyway thanks for the game afs, 'twas fun and allowed me to roleplay as a merkin.

No, i did mean mis, i just worded it badly. Mis and Monk were the two backup roles, who could join the spine, and take their powers.

Cult being in control of the kill was OP, but there were a very specific set of circumstances that needed to happen before that eventuated. Cult just lucked right into the perfect combination at the perfect time.

Anyhow, thanks for the playing peeps. Was expecting a bit more backlash from the cult infecting every single QT, but glad everyone seemed to like it (well, not like, but at least accept it :lol: ).

Apey

Staff member
Mis never joined the cult though. Unless you're talking potentially.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Yeah, i did mean potential. Mis and Monk could control the kills. They were the only two that could be recruited that really OPed the cult. Leave them alone, and the cult still had knowledge, but couldn't do much with it.