What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin III - NSW v QLD @ Telstra Dome *Live Updates*

Mr Saab

Referee
reladith said:
QLD lack the pride in their jumper they once had. They have turned soft, lacklustre. for all Mals big talk his coaching career is going to follow the same path of his political one...

Ricky was right, NSW OWN orgin now. they were down and out after Game 2 but came back with this exciting performance. The mark of spirit pride and heart. Something that has been sorely missed whilst the over rtaed Lockyer has been captain.

they need to drop him and play with Thurston and Prince with slater at full back or Inglis. bad decisions make bad happenings.

Whats that saying Wayne? If you keep doing what you do you will keep getting what you got!

Enjoy the last 10 maroons! I can hear the excuses now? Would not expevct anything less from a QLD'er...

c**k A Doodle Doo!!!

This has to be up there for post of the year.

Ari Gold

Bench
Originally Posted by reladith
QLD lack the pride in their jumper they once had. They have turned soft, lacklustre. for all Mals big talk his coaching career is going to follow the same path of his political one...

Ricky was right, NSW OWN orgin now. they were down and out after Game 2 but came back with this exciting performance. The mark of spirit pride and heart. Something that has been sorely missed whilst the over rtaed Lockyer has been captain.

they need to drop him and play with Thurston and Prince with slater at full back or Inglis. bad decisions make bad happenings.

Whats that saying Wayne? If you keep doing what you do you will keep getting what you got!

Enjoy the last 10 maroons! I can hear the excuses now? Would not expevct anything less from a QLD'er...

c**k A Doodle Doo!!!

Worst post i've seen on these forums...

skeepe

Immortal
redVgirl said:
i meant that queensland won the game. so the bad decisions didnt affect the OUTCOME. not the scoreline. this isnt the NRL comp so for and against isnt a factor. the end result is whats important. and the bad reffing, and i agree that it was bad....it doesnt affect the outcome of the game.

seriously if maroons fans are still whinging when they win...lordddy.

You cockroaches are sure holding your own in the whinging stakes... despite the fact that all the good decisions went your way!

Other examples: Tate gets penalised early on for a forearm in the tackle. Fair call. Nathan Hindmarsh proceeds to drop forearms and grapple in every tackle he makes, yet is never once called.

Example two: Thurston gets called for a flop. Again, I have no problem with this. What I do have a problem with is the fact that NSW and also Queensland to a lesser extent were then allowed to flop in at will much later than Thurston got penalised for. Where's the consistency?

In the end, you have a great game which is spoiled by a horrible refereeing performance. The sad fact is that that is what this match will be remembered for. So while it didn't in the end affect the result and the best team won, it is still a massive blight on the game and one that must soon be rectified.

redVgirl

Juniors
im sorry but how am i whinging?? i agreed the reffing was bad. and QLD deserved to win the game, they played better.

i just dont get how you all just won the series and ur on here bitching when u should be out on the piss and CELEBRATING. like ive done for the past 3 years. its fun, u should try it.

LESStar58

Referee
Hodgson: worst than the diving Azzurri!

I was happy with the game. Crowd was good save for the idiots behind me throwing chips at a couple of QLD supporters in front of me. I got caught in the middle of a blue.

Finally, Melbourne got a REAL contest!

Bring on the Storm vs Bronocs, the rest of the season and the Tri Nations to Melbourne!

And I didnt see Denis Fitzgerald in the crowd either :p

Ice777

Bench
Thanks for the laughs reladith. That's GOLD! :lol:

reladith said:
I've paid my dues -
Time after time -
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime -
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face -
But I've come through

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions - of the world -

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls -
You brought me fame and fortuen and everything that goes with it
-
I thank you all -

But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise -
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race -
And I ain't gonna lose -

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions - of the world -

reladith said:
is it just me or are QLD'ers the worst losers in the world. Suck up and start your super league and take that over rated hack Lockyer with you

Moooooooo!

reladith said:

c**k A Doodle Doo!!!

Next time best you just c**k A Doodle Don't!!! until the final siren goes :lol:

gdz

Juniors
Tate was outstanding tonight, had he not chased Grothe NSW would of scored a certain 6 points. He could of easily just put the ball down from out-wide when Hodgson attempted to tackle him after he made the break, but instead he went on and scored underneath the posts.

In such a tight game, I thought those two passages of play were very important to the score being 16-14 instead of 16-16 or 16-14 (nsw's way) at fulltime

Iafeta

Referee
reladith said:

c**k A Doodle Doo!!!

Classic timing that as Lockyer dots down to give Queensland the lead :lol:

Surandy

Bench
LESStar58 said:
And I didnt see Denis Fitzgerald in the crowd either :p

He was probably in Iceland watching the Beach Volleyball World Championship and sitting next to Ray Hadley. :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen this game analysed to death, and all this talk about pasion and Queensland had the better halves and sh*t

it was three tries a piece, and if Hodgson could convert relatively simple conversions, NSW would have won

then all the analysis and game reports would have been totally different

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gdz said:
Tate was outstanding tonight, had he not chased Grothe NSW would of scored a certain 6 points. He could of easily just put the ball down from out-wide when Hodgson attempted to tackle him after he made the break, but instead he went on and scored underneath the posts.

In such a tight game, I thought those two passages of play were very important to the score being 16-14 instead of 16-16 or 16-14 (nsw's way) at fulltime

he played one good half in SOO3 and was missing for the rest of the series

just not consistent enough

Latest posts