What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin points idea

blocka

Juniors
I’ve had this idea for a while but I think to take the avoiding the dead rubber bias from the refs out of the game etc.
if we made each win worth say 10points and then the for and against count as well over the 3 games so not only is there an incentive to play until the last minute would also mean if one teams won the first two by slim margin, they won’t switch off in the third in case points differential would beat them.

I think keeping all 3 games live would be not only great for spectators but also for the game as a whole to keep money flowing in and flowing down the line.

Jackie Treehorn

Juniors
I’ve had this idea for a while but I think to take the avoiding the dead rubber bias from the refs out of the game etc.
if we made each win worth say 10points and then the for and against count as well over the 3 games so not only is there an incentive to play until the last minute would also mean if one teams won the first two by slim margin, they won’t switch off in the third in case points differential would beat them.

I think keeping all 3 games live would be not only great for spectators but also for the game as a whole to keep money flowing in and flowing down the line.
It could have exactly the opposite of the effect you’re trying to achieve if the first match is a blowout. Series could be over after one game.

Latest posts