What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin Team Prediction

mickeylane

Bench
NSW
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Tupou

6. Sutton
7. Hodgkinson

8. Tamou
9. Farrah
10. Woods
11. Gallen
12. Sims
13. Lewis

14. T Williams
15. T Merrin
16 J Reynolds
17 B Scott

pinkmoon

Juniors
I've heard Beau Scott is injured....

I don't think Hodkinson can be picked...he offers nothing but goal kicking. I still think Daley will go with Pearce and Maloney; I believe he had the team picked weeks ago.

nrlnrl

First Grade
NSW
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Tupou

6. Sutton
7. Hodgkinson

8. Tamou
9. Farrah
10. Woods
11. Gallen
12. Sims
13. Lewis

14. T Williams
15. T Merrin
16 J Reynolds
17 B Scott

could be very close to that - Hopoate possibly for Tupou ( I know he'd be out of position - but not what I'd pick) Anthony Watmough or Ryan Hoffman rather than Scott, with Josh Jackson the bolter ( might be 18th )

Last edited:

reg_redv_legend

Juniors
would prefer taufua over tupou on that other wing....think b-moz will still snag a starting spot despite how bad we are atm, mez should still be in the 17 somewhere...think josh reynolds should either start at 6 or not be there he is a wasted bench spot imo

friend10

Juniors
I rather hopoate in the centre for either jennings or morris dropped. Wing should be Pat Richards, Uate. Not Tupo.

GT0007

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Dugan/Tupou

6. Maloney
7. Josh Reynolds

8. Tamou
9. Farrah
10. Woods
11. Gallen
12. Sims
13. Merrin

14. T Williams
15. Hoffman/Luke Lewis
16 Watmough
17 B Scott

How would you like to kick to a back 3 of Hayne, Dugan and Morris? I'm not sure that Luke Lewis has played enough football or that Watmough has been playing well enough but with the limited amount of games I've watched this is the best I could come up with. If Tamou and Woods match them upfront and Tony Williams has a redhot go I think its a pretty strong side. I'm a bit apprehesive about not having a utility but we don't seem to use them to great effect so they tend to just be an insurance policy and Hayne can play that role with Dugan shifting to fullback if need be

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee
Watmough and Lewis are certainties if fit, regardless of games played. If Mullen isnt there weve got no hope, but im sure Daley will with Pearce and Maloney.

Team below has my team, then predictions in brackets, where different.
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Dugan/Tupou (Hopoate)
6. Maloney (Mullen)
7. Pearce (Hodkinson)
8. Tamou
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Hoffman (Lewis)
12. Sims (Scott)
13. Gallen

14. Watmough
15. Merrin
16. Williams (Sims)
17. Reynolds (W. Graham or some other backrower who can double as a back)

Luke Lewis is not fit enough IMO.

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Hopoate
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Merrin
11. Hoffman
12. Scott
13. Gallen

14. Tamou
15. Watmough
16. Williams
17. Reynolds

They'll lose.

Datramp

Juniors
Hopefully Morris if picked does not defend like he did on the weekend (rushing in from the wing over and over). QLD will have a field day down that side if he does - like merritt last year.

Latest posts