What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Statement from Malcolm Noad

Dogaholic

First Grade
Bulldogs CEO Malcolm Noad has made the following statement regarding crowd issues from Friday night's NRL game between the Bulldogs and the Wests Tigers.
"The Bulldogs Club has done a lot of work with police and the NRL for a number of years regarding crowd issues. In fact, we consulted with police last year in developing a new ticketing and security policy which amongst other things has removed the opportunity for troublemakers to congregate in large groups inside the ground. We have adopted a zero tolerance attitude towards individuals who infringe on the viewing of other patrons by continually standing up and displaying anti-social behaviour. We ejected several people for that behaviour last Friday, and will keep on doing it, if it continues.
"What we are dealing with is a small number of incidents caused by a small bunch of idiots whose only aim is to cause trouble. They are ruining the reputation of the Club and the reputation of the majority of Bulldogs fans who display exemplary behaviour at our matches. These people are a concern whether they are at the football or any other community event.
"The main complaint from those that attended last Friday's game was not about inside the ground, but what happened outside it.
"Inside the ground, there was one fight and police and security personnel responded quickly. The result was that one person was ejected from the game, was charged by police and will be banned from attending any future NRL games.
"We encourage people to contact police or the Club if they have any helpful information regarding incidents at last Friday's game, as our fans have done in the past.
"We welcome any further input from the police via the Premier, the Police Minister and the Police Commissioner in addressing these problems.
"Everyone who comes along to our games needs to be aware that we face the very real possibility of a loss of points and a heavy fine if further crowd problems occur."
Malcolm Noad
CEO Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs

www.bulldogs.com.au

ibeme

First Grade
Malcolm needs to call Telstra security to task to find out why they allow the admission rules to be breached.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
"Everyone who comes along to our games needs to be aware that we face the very real possibility of a loss of points and a heavy fine if further crowd problems occur."

That is a problem. There are dickheads who will come in and start fights in order to enforce a loss of point on our club - be they our "fans" or opposition supporters trying to help their clubs make the finals or higher.

F**king idiots. The lot of them. Good to see Noad doing something about it.

scarcev

Juniors
dodge said:

That is a problem. There are dickheads who will come in and start fights in order to enforce a loss of point on our club - be they our "fans" or opposition supporters trying to help their clubs make the finals or higher.

Highly unlikely 'opposition fans' when they are wearing bulldogs jerseys, leaving a bulldogs game, chanting 'BULLDOGS' and always bashing supporters in opposition jumpers Id reckon!!!!!!

And Im not having a go here at the majority of true football supporters supporting the Doggies but you must understand that this is killing your club! It will probably cost you 4 pts, last year the difference between the top 8 and wooden spoon was 4 pts!!!!

Timmah

Staff member
We know it's killing the club. My point is in the future, other clubs fans, if this suspension is held over our heads, could come to games and cause trouble just to have that suspension or deduction enforced. Do you actually comprehend what I mean?

Dogs Of War

Coach
I understand what your trying to say Dodge, but once again your pointing the finger at everybody else. Personally I hope if anything happens again that we do lose 4 points, this way these so called "Fans" will realise that it's not an empty threat, and their actions are punishing the team. It hurts us all, but unfortunately this sort of behaviour has been going on for 10 years now, and it has to come to an end sooner or later, so harsh penalities need to apply, cause it's not like it's the same 10 people who have been causing problems at games.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Dogs Of War said:
I understand what your trying to say Dodge, but once again your pointing the finger at everybody else. Personally I hope if anything happens again that we do lose 4 points, this way these so called "Fans" will realise that it's not an empty threat, and their actions are punishing the team. It hurts us all, but unfortunately this sort of behaviour has been going on for 10 years now, and it has to come to an end sooner or later, so harsh penalities need to apply, cause it's not like it's the same 10 people who have been causing problems at games.

Sadly I agree with what you are saying here. Might be the only way.

ibeme

First Grade
My concern with deducting competition points is that the troublemakers don't really care. The simple fact that their conscience hasn't been enough to stop the rot by now tells me that they're main interest is causing trouble regardless of what it means to for the club. They simply don't care about anyone else.

Such is the mindset of these tools, that I think a points deduction could actually even be a green light for them to reek more havoc and label it as revenge. It just seems to be their mindset that instead of listening, they hit back twice as hard. Society isn't the place for them

bluesbreaker

Bench
dodge said:

Bahahahahahahahaha! Are you actually serious? I'm sure they'll also all go out and buy Bulldogs jerseys, so they can really sell this cunning fascade! :lol: :lol:

Dogs Of War

Coach
ibeme said:
My concern with deducting competition points is that the troublemakers don't really care. The simple fact that their conscience hasn't been enough to stop the rot by now tells me that they're main interest is causing trouble regardless of what it means to for the club. They simply don't care about anyone else.

I don't know about that. I'm sure they have plenty of friends who know who they are (the troublemakers) who support the dogs who would have a thing or two to say to these idiots. I think most other avenues have been exhausted in the attempt to stop these attacks from happening. Maybe their friends could help persuade them in stopping.

I also agree it might prompt more violence, but thats the risk you have to take because at this moment nothing else is working.

Timmah

Staff member
bluesbreaker said:
Bahahahahahahahaha! Are you actually serious? I'm sure they'll also all go out and buy Bulldogs jerseys, so they can really sell this cunning fascade! :lol: :lol:

So you seriously think the people who continue to enact this violence care about the club and it's welfare?

Wake up.

knights fanatic

Juniors
YAWN. same old response, why dont they release pictures of these idiots so police can investigate. ejecting them is not going to stop them from attending further games.give them an order to refrain from attending games and then jail them if they come back and are identified. lets get tough.

bluesbreaker

Bench
dodge said:
So you seriously think the people who continue to enact this violence care about the club and it's welfare?

Wake up.

:roll: It's been happening now for 3 years, despite the threats thrown down by the NRL. It's plainly obvious that there's a minority of Dogs fans that are just f**king idiots. They are still fans, they still go to see the Dogs play in between picking fights with girls and gang bashing people on the trains. Your clownlike assertion got the treatment it deserved. :lol: I'm still having a bit of a giggle about it.

Wake up.

Timmah

Staff member
You answered my question correctly :lol:

These people, yes they wear our jerseys - but they don't give two sh*ts about the club and it's welfare. They need to be weeded out. Clownlike assertion? Grow the f**k up buddy, this isn't tit for tat insulting - it's a problem all League fans need to work together to sort out.