What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Statue set to sign with the Knights...

Raiders Rock

Juniors
Hi all, I don't know if this has already been covered in the forums yet, but I read this in Wednesday's Telegraph (Page 84) in an article about the Newcastle Knights titled "Biggest cleanout in club's history"...

"The Knights are desperate to make room under their salary cap for new blood, with former Canberra Raiders prop Luke Davico set to hold further talks with the Knights in Newcastle today."

Just like Muss, it wont feel right to see him in anything but a Raiders jersey!! I do wish him well though, he's had a rotten run with injury in recent seasons. Good luck Statue, we still love you over here!!

woodgers

Bench
I think Craig Smith has been going pretty well in a beaten side. The 2 old warhorses working together would be a sight. If Steve Simpson can keep his form up then Joey will at least have some go forward to work with.

skeepe

Immortal
The same paper said that we had "read it here first - Davico has agreed terms with Melbourne."

legend

Coach
Craig Smith has not been offered a contract for next season and Luke Davico is a massive risk IMO. Too old and far too injury prone to get half a dozen quality games out of him.

Raiders Rock

Juniors
Yeah, as much as I love the guy I don't think I'd be taking the risk of signing him for a big money contract if I was an operations manager of an NRL team. Jason Smith and Matt Adamson were in much the same position when we signed them and look how many games Smithie's missed due to injury.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we've won a game since he's been out either!! Looks as if Adamson will be out for an extended period too. Both are gun players on the field but NRL has long been touted as the toughest competition of all the codes.

It's not looking good for us, I guess we'll have to rely on that ole' Raiders spirit to get us over the line for the finals this year...

ausraider

Juniors
Raiders Rock said:
Yeah, as much as I love the guy I don't think I'd be taking the risk of signing him for a big money contract if I was an operations manager of an NRL team. Jason Smith and Matt Adamson were in much the same position when we signed them and look how many games Smithie's missed due to injury.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we've won a game since he's been out either!! Looks as if Adamson will be out for an extended period too. Both are gun players on the field but NRL has long been touted as the toughest competition of all the codes.

It's not looking good for us, I guess we'll have to rely on that ole' Raiders spirit to get us over the line for the finals this year...

Smith's injury was freakish (off the ball and he wasn,t even watching when got hit) Adamson well that could have happened to anyone (accidental knee) but I'd have both in my side any day RR.He is so vital to our side it's not worth mentioning.And I'II have carney along side him instead of Withers, now thats future planning. Smith's probably got another year in him and that's ample for Carney to be blooded.As for ole' Raiders spirit with one dimensional plays, well I am sorry to say it ain't looking good this time around.I 'll tell you something bring on Steve Walters as head coach and keep J Smith as assistant.Newcastle is puting broom through players,we need to put it through the coaching staff.

Raiders Rock

Juniors
I wasn't saying for one moment that I wouldn't have both of them in my team, I would!! I'd just like them both to remain injury free for the rest of the season and hopefully next season as well, just like I would for all of our team.

I think the Raiders have proven that with their best team on the field we can match it with the best of them... How good is Tonguey going though, he should be the next Raiders captain when Germ and Toots retire!!

I say "Slip The Tongue In"

ausraider

Juniors
Raiders Rock said:
I wasn't saying for one moment that I wouldn't have both of them in my team, I would!! I'd just like them both to remain injury free for the rest of the season and hopefully next season as well, just like I would for all of our team.

I think the Raiders have proven that with their best team on the field we can match it with the best of them... How good is Tonguey going though, he should be the next Raiders captain when Germ and Toots retire!!

I say "Slip The Tongue In"

His already been sliped in.How good of a form is he in.If only someother senior players can follow suit.As for captain I personally think Schif is the man for the job.If Croker does not perform this week he should be made captain of PL.