What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stenglein

meltiger

First Grade
Is anyone else confused as to how -

1. West Coast could legitimately argue what Tyson did was a genuine 'hip and shoulder' &
  2. That the Tribunal accepted their argument

He belted the bloke in the head with an arm (Looked to me as if it was an elbow but West Coast say he didn't) ...

Was this a square up for Judd's ridiculous suspension?

I am just totally mysitifed as to how what Judd did was considered worthy of a similar penalty to what Stenglein did

CyberKev

Staff member
Presumably Stenglein has received a week off?

Judd certainly had to go for a week (no more), given that Fraser Gehrig went for a weekfor a slightly lesser offence. In-between we had the ludicrous situation of Hunter getting off entirely for two cheap shots to the groin, which were worse than the Gehrig & Judd incidents combined.

From looking at the Stenglein incident, I would have thought he would have got 2-3 weeks.

Then again, earlier this year I thought Mitchell deserved 2 and only got 1 for his Wizard Cup indiscretion.

As I predicted this new tribunal system has not rectified inconsistencies inherent in the tribunal system, but rather has only made matters worse.

camsmith

Juniors
Its pathetic.
Im still filthy on the tribunal for Ray Hall getting 2 weeks for a little love tap on Cloke, so when i see that Stenglein only get 1 week for making conatct to the Port blokes head which results in him getting knocked out i just dont bloody get it.

That was worth 4 weeks.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
because it was within 5 metre's of the ball and he was trying to shepard the other player out of the way i know i have done that plenty of times yes it was high and should have been a free kick. but judd and the g train deliberately hit a player off the play

camsmith

Juniors
Ok then sorry, Gehrig does no damage with a weak little punch (like halls) but because its "deliberate" it gets a harsher penalty?

Laying a bloke out with a hint of an elbow isnt deliberate? The bloke wasnt even in play so how could it be a shepard.

I dont know, i just think its wrong to penalize people for "soft" incidents when much worse ones get off with next to nothing.

The tribunal need to work out the definition of deliberate, on ball, off ball, interntional etc... because its to open and doesnt get right to the point (much like this post) of what an incident comes under.

meltiger

First Grade
camsmith said:
Its pathetic.
Im still filthy on the tribunal for Ray Hall getting 2 weeks for a little love tap on Cloke

What shocks me is that belting a Cloke is a reportable offence.

You can't tell me 90% of the football community doesn't want to give the brothers and Daddy one...

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
What shocks me is that belting a Cloke is a reportable offence.

You can't tell me 90% of the football community doesn't want to give the brothers and Daddy one...

TRANSLATION:

"Travis Cloke is a truly hot prospect, I'd kill to have him at Richmond!" :p

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
TRANSLATION:

"Travis Cloke is a truly hot prospect, I'd kill to have him at Richmond!"
razz.gif

Absoloute utter rubbish ...

Would I be prepared to go back in time and draft Jason Cloke just to ensure Travis ends up at Richmond, in turn meaning Richmond doesn't draft Mark Coughlan

I don't think so, I will forever stand behind Richmond's decision on whether to buy into that family or not.

I will never forget Daddy's defence and bagging of Malthouse after Mick's Post GF comments ... Jason played like a turd, Mick was 100% right to bag him off.

Trust me Kev, the last thing I want is for Richmond to have anything to do with that family.

Scariest thing is the mother is the worst of them all.

Richmond has enough bogans without them adding to it :)

camsmith

Juniors
CyberKev said:
TRANSLATION:

"Travis Cloke is a truly hot prospect, I'd kill to have him at Richmond!" :p

Nah actually Cougs is much better. Plus he doesnt carry with him two duds that has parents that want them in the senior team even though most VFL players are better than them. (and not soft) :D

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
Absoloute utter rubbish ...

Would I be prepared to go back in time and draft Jason Cloke just to ensure Travis ends up at Richmond, in turn meaning Richmond doesn't draft Mark Coughlan

I don't think so, I will forever stand behind Richmond's decision on whether to buy into that family or not.

Forget the previous Clokes... Forget the package deals... Its all hypothetical anyway...

The reality is that if Richmond could get Travis Cloke tomorrow, Wallace would sell his entire family into slavery.

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
Forget the previous Clokes... Forget the package deals... Its all hypothetical anyway...

No. Daddy has clearly made that impossible. Richmond had a shot at Travis ... He was going wherever his brothers played.

Cameron and Jason wasting two spots on the list are not worth Travis.

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
No. Daddy has clearly made that impossible. Richmond had a shot at Travis ... He was going wherever his brothers played.

Cameron and Jason wasting two spots on the list are not worth Travis.

Haha... Just yankin' ya chain, young man!

That being said, I'm a fan of young Travis who is doing exceedingly well for an 18 year old debutante out of CHF.

To this point, he has clearly been the bargain pick up of the last draft and I wouldn't be surprised if he gave the Norwich a big shake this year.

Has settled in more smoothly than Smooth (Roughead) has at Hawthorn, but its still very early days.

Would love to have him at Hawthorn, knob-jockey parents or not.

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
Would love to have him at Hawthorn, knob-jockey parents or not.

Absoloutely in agreeance.

Unfortunately he comes with baggage named Jason & Cameron. lol

I still think Lids is a show for the NRS. Has been bloody consistent and if he improves over the next few weeks will be right up there.

camsmith

Juniors
Meltiger, you got in 2 mintues before i did re: T. Cloke.

Glad you feel the same way. Who needs Travis (with or without other 2) when you have a future champ in Deledio running around for ya, aswell as others like tambling, meyer, rains, tuck...

I guess i would take Travis Cloke by himself but i would never get rid of a player like Cougs for him and im pretty happy with all the youngsters we have at the moment and feel we dont need a guy like T.Cloke.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
G train was not in play and his sole intendion was to hit/hurt him even if he pulled out towards the end knowing that if he gives him a real one he will go for a coulple of weeks for striking
tryon doesnt know what he did wrong and neither does john worsefold or ne i know that plays football he did the team thing he was going againt the play and was pretecting himself and trying to get the ball to his TEAMS advantage he tucked he's elbow in and it only raised after the other blokes head had gone yes it was unfortunate but thats football or at least was u get taught that in under 11's shepard tackle smother all 1%'s that help u win the game not having a go at u cam but if n e has played the game they would know this is apart of it

Latest posts