What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Matai a soon to be raider

aussies1st

Staff member
Not much info but SMH has said 'The Raiders are also believed to be close to securing the services of Manly centre Steve Matai.'
Dont really know much about him but we have a ton of centres probably expect to see Matai playing prem league

MONY

Juniors
silly buy IMO for you guys.... you already have able centres/wingers

Kiwi

First Grade
Matai is useless.

Sorry but if the Raiders expect the 3rd or 4th in line centre from Manly, who's weakest position is centre, to fix their centre problem, think again.

Manly have to be right up there amoungst the worst centres in the game.

What happened to the likes of Graham, Mogg??

aussies1st

Staff member
lol so true
Graham is out injuried but him as a centre still unproven. Mogg is alright. Just wish Elliot would use Ale he would be the perfect centre

skeepe

Immortal
Graham is a great centre IMO. Chalk would also do well there, and we've got Frawley, Ale, Mogg, Purtell... all, in my opinion, would not look out of place in first grade. This reminds me of when we were linked to Nick Bradley-Qalilawa, another fourth-rate centre from Manly.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Graham and Frawley should be the centres. Graham needs to play centre I feel so that he can have a better chance of taking his intercepts. Frawley needs to stay out there to be a force, but I'm sure he can and will. Ale has to come in at some stage. If he is not a regular starter next year, I will be a bit worried. Milne should be there next year too providing he can establish himself like Chalk did. If we have NRL capable players starting next year in PL, then they will be so hungary that when they do break in to NRL, they will not let go.

The Whippet

Juniors
Steve Matai is very much like George Carmont. Look the same, play the same kinda footy and both aren't up to FG standards.

Raider_69

Post Whore
atm matui would easily be behind the following winger/centres - Chalk, Milne, Ale, Graham, Mogg, Frawley, Howell, Robertson and Gafa... why would we buy him?

Brimmer

Juniors
Probably the only attribute he has is size... hopefully we aren't going down that path.

aussies1st

Staff member
We already have size in Ale and if we are that desperate Learoyd-Lars can play centre.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Brimmer said:
Probably the only attribute he has is size... hopefully we aren't going down that path.
Size? Matai? hell no.. he weighs like 80 kg, and is pretty short.
I remember when he made his debut, people were saying how good he is, but now that Alberts has come along, it looks like Matai will be gone.

goldcoastpunk

Juniors
Matai- No, Unless there is going to be a mystery prize next year awarded to the club who can assemble the most amount of centres.

BAY72

Juniors
they said in the CT today that we wouldn't be signing any more players now that we have Jason smith's signature.

Most of our signings done before the "Silly Season" even started.

Quote from CT,
"Jason's signing pretty much wraps up our recruitment for 2006 and I'm happy with the players we've signed." Matt Elliot

Andrew Loumu
Jason Williams
Dane Tilse
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Trevor Thurling
and now Jason Smith