What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Matai - give yourself an uppercut!

Bulldog Force

Referee
If it's not enough that this cat goes down in every game clutching at his head, he goes and slaps Farah on the back in a malice manner yesterday earning him 10 in the bin, AFTER he tackles Robbie around the chops. I don't think it's any secret around here that I'm not Farah's biggest fan, but that dog act yesterday by Matai just about does it for me. Get him out of here. We don't need players like that in our game.

*Waits for the Manly fans to jump to his defense!*

Mr Saab

Referee
Dog act? What? A slap on the back? BF...go and watch desperate housewives you f**king clancy.
Dog act is Billy Slater kicking Skandalis in the face 4 yrs ago...or McDougall stomping on Toovey in the 97 GF.
But a slap on the back is not a dog act...stupid maybe.

gronkathon

First Grade
I was just glad to see Heighno not willing to tolerate that crap. In years gone by we would have had the buttery soft brigade just stand by and watch it happen.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Maybe not a dog act but an act that sums up Matai perfectly....hitting (or slapping) someone from behind......total merkin on the field. Maybe a great one off (its not his go) but none worse on the field.

oval

Juniors
I thought Matai had a great game yesterday, and I enjoyed watching him calla Farah out for being a diving pussy. Good work Mr Matai.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Farah:
_Images%5CBlobs%5CNormal%5C600047.jpg

Love your work, Matai.

sharko

Juniors
As we get closer to the semis the refs are taking more of a handle in games and influencing outcomes of matches.
Penalties, particyarly late tackle penalties have a huge impact on matches.
Manly were down 9-4 at one stage in penalties, and some of thos epenalties were clearly milked by the Tigers.
Farah is a diver, he is coached in that fashion to get penalties, Matai is no angel but Farah played out the match so he was hardly genuinely injured.

stormbati

Bench
To me it looked like Farah wasn't as hurt as he let out to be.
Matai really lost his cool though, and being a neutral supporter it was good to watch.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
diving1.jpg

If that wasn't a dive I will uppercut myself.

I despise Matai as much as the next person but that was a dive for all money.

Matai should have punched him in the face, not slap him in the back. At least he would have had something to whinge about and get sin-binned for.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Dog act? What? A slap on the back? BF...go and watch desperate housewives you f**king clancy.
Dog act is Billy Slater kicking Skandalis in the face 4 yrs ago...or McDougall stomping on Toovey in the 97 GF.
But a slap on the back is not a dog act...stupid maybe.
A slap on the back particularly after you've suffered a mild concussion doesn't do you any favors. It's not so much the pain he caused Farah with the slap, it's the intent in it. He just knocked the guy out and then goes and does that to him. Look at what happened when Michael Weyman did the dangerous tackle on Wade McKinnon - he acknowledge what he did was wrong instantly and went over to him and apologised - all is well. Why Matai thinks he's above that is beyond me. Whether or not Farah took a dive is for the match-review committee to decide... but Matai... pfft, I've seen enough.

Special K

Coach
Farah dogged it and Matai gave him a pat on the back for a great effort with the dive, then Heighington tried to hit him with his purse.

I don't get the big issue. Nothing in it - NEXT!

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
A slap on the back particularly after you've suffered a mild concussion doesn't do you any favors. It's not so much the pain he caused Farah with the slap, it's the intent in it. He just knocked the guy out and then goes and does that to him. Look at what happened when Michael Weyman did the dangerous tackle on Wade McKinnon - he acknowledge what he did was wrong instantly and went over to him and apologised - all is well. Why Matai thinks he's above that is beyond me. Whether or not Farah took a dive is for the match-review committee to decide... but Matai... pfft, I've seen enough.

Are you f**king serious? :lol::crazy::lol:

[FKN-SIK];6783421 said:
diving1.jpg

If that wasn't a dive I will uppercut myself.

I despise Matai as much as the next person but that was a dive for all money.

Matai should have punched him in the face, not slap him in the back. At least he would have had something to whinge about and get sin-binned for.

This.

Danish

Referee
Farrah took a bigger dive than Briggs, and thoroughly deserved a pat on the back.

In fact, I thought Heighington should have got 10 in the bin for starting the fight after Matai simply patted an "injured" player on the back.

I love all the articles today though trying to talk up Farrah's "injuries".... apparently he has no recollection of the tackle.... not because he never got hit mind you, but because he got hit so hard he lost his memory :sarcasm:

Sleep

Juniors
The slap on the back was harder than the hit that supposedly put him on the ground.

Weak sauce.

super_coach

First Grade
Farah probably did take a dive but the good players get over it and re focus on the game. Matai is the NRL's no1 serial scum bag. The game just dosnt need him and i for one hope he gets a hefty suspension not for the tackle but his carry on afterwards

Vic Mackey

Referee
Farah dogged it and Matai gave him a pat on the back for a great effort with the dive, then Heighington tried to hit him with his purse.

i agree with all of it except the last part. matai saw heighington coming and kept back tracking ben creaghlike. i thought that was the biggest dog act of all. watch the replay if you dont believe me.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
I think Matai gets an unfair rap. I've thought that for years. I still can't understand why he's so intensely disliked.

The only poor form I remember from him is when he threw a ball at a British players head and him and Senior had a bit of a blow up.

All my years watching the NRL I don't know what he's done wrong, other than hitting like an amtrak train.

If anyone deserves punishment for the incident its Heighington for blowing something into nothing and trying to start a fight.

How is Matai a grub. Have I missed something?

Latest posts