What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Matai - give yourself an uppercut!

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Manly centre Steve Matai has escaped suspension for his high tackle on Wests Tigers skipper Robbie Farah.

No charges were laid by the NRL's match review committee out of the weekend's round 20 matches.

Matai was placed on report after catching Farah high late in the first half of Sunday's win to the Sea Eagles at Bluetongue Stadium.

The fiery Sea Eagles back was then sin-binned after taking exception to Farah staying down after what he deemed to be minimal contact.

Brisbane and the Sydney Roosters will complete the round at Suncorp Stadium on Monday night.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...cleared-no-nrl-judiciary-charges/default.aspx

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
:lol:

11hb33o.jpg

2v16977.jpg

If that is your attempted try at humour, it has failed misrebly. Time to crawl back under your hole.

bboy_insane

Juniors
It's not a comparison. Just saying Matai is the last person in the world who should have a go at others for staying down after a tackle.

Matai stays down cos he is LEGITIMATELY HURT.

Farah stays down cos he is MILKING THE PENALTY.

Matai isn't playing for the penalty when he gets injured, he is legitimately hurt off legitimate tackles.

Matai's having a go at Farah because he's milking the penalty!

It's a completely different situation. What don't you understand?

CliffyIsGod

First Grade

Matai isn't playing for the penalty when he gets injured, he is legitimately hurt off legitimate tackles.

Excuse him, he is a Parra supporter. (Probably went to school there, too)

God-King Dean

Immortal
I think Matai gets an unfair rap. I've thought that for years. I still can't understand why he's so intensely disliked.

The only poor form I remember from him is when he threw a ball at a British players head and him and Senior had a bit of a blow up.

All my years watching the NRL I don't know what he's done wrong, other than hitting like an amtrak train.

If anyone deserves punishment for the incident its Heighington for blowing something into nothing and trying to start a fight.

How is Matai a grub. Have I missed something?

* Throwing Wing into the advertising.
* Sent off for KOing Gasnier with a kate swinging arm.
* Abusing a women who worked at Manly Leagues for denying him entry, saying something along the lines of " You only have a job because of me. "
* Way late shot on Slater which he was almost suspended for.
* Chucking a ball at a British player's head because he held him down longer than he liked.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Sure sure... it was just a 'pat' on the back. I'm sure you'd all be saying that too if it happened to you. Like I said earlier, I'm not a Robbie Farah fan and I make no secret of that! It was clearly a slap and something that should not be tolerated between plays in our game. Glad he got 10 in the bin - rightful action was taken.

bennoonthehill

Juniors
i'm not sure i've seen anyone claim he didn't deserve to go to the bin. it was stupid, he should have just shook it off and got on with the game. people are taking issue with farah being soft.

Dutchy

Immortal
Seriously BF, have you EVER played 5 minutes of contact sport? NRL players would compare the bat on the back to a f**king mozzie bite.

Harden the f**k up.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Seriously BF, have you EVER played 5 minutes of contact sport? NRL players would compare the bat on the back to a f**king mozzie bite.

Harden the f**k up.
Matai wasn't sin-binned for the contact, he was binned for the intent! Brain explosion or not, he rocked the boat while it was still shaking!

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Sure sure... it was just a 'pat' on the back. I'm sure you'd all be saying that too if it happened to you. Like I said earlier, I'm not a Robbie Farah fan and I make no secret of that! It was clearly a slap and something that should not be tolerated between plays in our game. Glad he got 10 in the bin - rightful action was taken.

If that's the case, Heinigton needed 10 in the bin as 3rd man in...

Dutchy

Immortal
f**k you're a dumb merkin. You are carrying on like the "slap" on the back is like getting hit with an anvil. I'm not debating the binning, no-one has been. Everyone is basically calling you a softcock pea-hearted wimp, go and play Table Tennis or something.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
So what if Robbie Farah stayed down? Its up to the referee to make the correct decision.

Ben Hornby got dropped on his head on Friday night and no penalty was awarded. We kick on the fifth, the Titans get the ball back and kick a field goal to win the game.

If Ben Hornby had stayed down like Robbie Farah then we get the penalty, march up the field, kick a field goal and win the game.

Dont blame Robbie Farah for inept refereeing.

Eels Dude

Coach

Gee you Manly fans are over sensitive. Every time someone has a go at one of your players it's boo hoo all the way.

Farah milked it yeah, but that doesn't mean Matai isn't a cat and regardless given he stays down so often himself who's he to judge whether another player stays down because he's faking it or it's a legitimate injury?????

sooperdooper

First Grade
there has been some pretty epic stupidity in this thread, but you just took the cake. if a player is running sideways, should the tackler run around and get himself front on before tackling? and what happens if a slower player makes a line break? should the chasers not tackle until they have managed to run past the attacker so they can take them head on?

thats the weakest excuse to take a potshot at matai i've ever seen. its not like there's any shortage of good reasons for a crack at him, which makes your post all the more pathetic.

weak excuse? i used a perfect example of mr matai's tough guy attitude... he hits people when they cant see it coming.

he back peddled from heighinton... and also got bashed on the mean streets of manly.... remember that?

Latest posts