What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Matai

dogslife

Coach
There's a time limit on youtube videos isn't there? Probably why a video compilation of all of Matai's phantom injuries hasn't been made

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
Your first post was about Manly's "success" viz-a-viz Souths. Not going too well by comparison now, are you? Roosters to come as well as Melbourne.

Bottom half of table team is Manly!
I am pretty sure he is talking about premierships is 08' and 11' and every decade for the 40+ years, but you should enjoy souffs running second after 7 weeks in 2013
;-)

Ziggy the God

First Grade
After watching the front on shot on the Matty Johns show, Matai hit him straight on the jaw.

He is lucky with his grading.

oval

Juniors
Just watched the video of Matai on Burgess.

Jeez Foran gets in there quick! No fear of big Sam.

gypsy

Bench
All this aside, can Matai get a new f**king haircut or something?
Sick of seeing that 90's style do all up on my flatscreen. Fix it.

Constraint

Juniors
Foran's a champ. Never seen him show even a hint of backing down, unlike Sam with his elbow to the back of Matai followed by a Creagh-esque dance backwards as the Manly players approached.

ek999

First Grade
Lol. Awesome work from Jorge. Good to see a player speak naturally and with some character instead of the usual bullshit cliche's that come out of the players mouths these days.

Garbler

Juniors
With a swinging arm like that, surely just asking for trouble.
Manly just grubby, especially when losing.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Some of you should go follow Soccer. Honestly.... If you can no longer use a shoulder, that is basically as hard a shot as you can put on. And even then you all cry about it.

The game is losing a lot when a shot that hits the ball on the chest and bounces up, and results in a suspension for a week.

Some of you should put the hate aside and think about how soft this stuff is making the game.

mikail-eagle

Bench
So he waits for Matai to get suspended and than he speaks...........

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-george-was-fair/story-e6frexqr-1226632600124

SAM Burgess has labelled the tackle that landed Steve Matai a one-match ban "a fair hit" and admits he started throwing punches because his brother George was lying flat on his back.

Burgess was reluctant to comment about the Matai tackle that sparked Friday night's brawl but did concede: "I actually thought it was a fair hit at the time. My intention wasn't to start a fight."Asked why he reacted, Burgess questioned: "You got any brothers? It was the first time I have seen it (happen to George) so it was natural, I guess."

firechild

First Grade
Burgess should have been charged. Coming in and escalating a situation is frowned upon depending on the perpetrator.