What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve McIvor

Meth

Staff member
Seriously, can we please get rid of him?

Watching 40/20 tonight, he was embarrassing- get rid of him and you had a pretty decent panel. He ruined it, and ruins Sky's Rugby League programming

Scott

Bench
I think it would work better with McIvor staying and Ropati getting the arse.

McIvor is a good host.

Meth

Staff member
Woepati wasn't there last night and it just accentuated how bad McIvor was

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Barnett & Guttenbiel had a shocker with the U20's on Friday night. I cringed a few times.

Almost as bad as Logan Swanns post match interview with the Toyota Cup players. Hes shocking, i remember him interviewing Elijah Taylor once, Taylor looked like he felt sorry for Swann not being able to put a sentence together.

Scott

Bench
I thought Lavina Good asked some good questions of the Coaches and Captains prior to the Knights game.

The fake deep excitement voice is a big turn off for me

Oh yeah especially when he gets fired up time and time again for Luke Laban. No offence to Laban but he's a pretty ordinary prop - and thats probably being kind (I cant see why the Warriros signed him for 3 years - there must be far better and bigger and stronger out there/Just keep Ah Mau dam it !!!!! cut Lillyman and Kemp if need be to keep him)

But yeah - McIvor has a serious hard on for Luke "The Count Laban" - its sickening.

Martli

Coach
I hate how he tries to act quite tough, but is only about the size of my left arm.

Bay Vikings

Juniors
If he was forced to do a round of boxing before each match the problem would be solved. Don't think he got out of 1st round in 2 fights did he?

mean

Juniors
Hey, I wouldn't give him sh*t, he was after all the 1982 Putaruru High School First XI hockey team captain.

boldy

Juniors
god the whole NZ commentary team really gives me the s#*ts and now that I have upgraded my mysky HDi I can't get the aussie commentary to work. Anyone else have this problem?

Martli

Coach
Are you sure it's not because we only get the Aussie commentary for certain games? I have the normal box and have never been able to get Aussie commentary for any of the Mt. Smart warriors games, but have had the option for test matches.

boldy

Juniors
ahhhh true just wishful thinking on my part then. Need to get the renegade LU live streaming commentary team happening, any volunteers??

Martli

Coach
ahhhh true just wishful thinking on my part then. Need to get the renegade LU live streaming commentary team happening, any volunteers??

I'd go for Ozbash and NZ warrior in the commentry box with Skinner and Mixmasterreece doing the sideline commentary.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I'd go for Ozbash and NZ warrior in the commentry box with Skinner and Mixmasterreece doing the sideline commentary.

It wouldn't work, OB and I would end each match in fisticuffs (I'd win every time btw). And I'd keep on cutting Skinner off throughout his sideline report, or I'd just ask Mixy questions.

Remember years ago when Martin Devlin and somebody else would provide alternative commentary. I'd love to see that happen again.

Meth

Staff member
Jessup in his column today;

''Stephen McIvor, who has long been Sky's league frontman, is finally being given a shot at the new Toyota Cup Under-20s competition and on the evidence so far there is no reason he could not graduate up to the NRL, given time to settle into what is not an easy job.''