What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Michaels Joins the Titans

8Ball

First Grade
Happiest day in 2010! Off to buy a bottle of whiskey to celebrate the dud leaving!

And when will you be leaving?

Every single player who has 2 or 3 below average games you're onto them..wishing injury onto them, celebrating when players leave. f**k off.

beads6

First Grade
Now that Hannant's on board, we're in a totally different position now than five months ago.

Prop forwards are probably covered - and I do hope Tronc stays.

So what is our new priority for recruitment, if indeed we need to recruit at all?

I still get the feeling Hodges is seriously considering England. Why? There's been some whispers about, and his good mate Karmichael has just sampled the good life in France, and Justin could be wanting to follow suit.

If Hodges is leaving, Inglis is target No. 1. If Hodges is staying, then we have a fairly well balanced camp presently, and should just concentrate on player retention.

Totally agree with you, If Hodges leave Inglis would be a perfect replacement. Other the centres dilema we have I don't think we really need to be doing anymore recruiting. All our young props will be better for the time they have had in first grade this season.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i hope its a new start for him. his season last year was atrocious but the bloke had potential and looked a lot better than what boyd was showing at the same time.

anyone know how long hodges is contracted for?

and i'm pretty sure vagana also smashed that pommy halfbacks nose into the back of his head a few years ago as well

ANTiLAG

First Grade
The AFL chequebooks are already out for Inglis.

Hunt, Folau, Inglis - I'm waiting for the NSW conspiracy theory that the NSWRL is working with the AFL to buy the Blues an origin series.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
The AFL chequebooks are already out for Inglis.

Hunt, Folau, Inglis - I'm waiting for the NSW conspiracy theory that the NSWRL is working with the AFL to buy the Blues an origin series.

So true. It would be a real shame if we lost someone like inglis. I still think he is the best player going around in league at the moment. I really don't see what the attraction is in AFL. I have played a couple of games before and it is really hard work. You have to cover a lot more ground than you do playing RL, and then when your tired you still have to have the composure to kick straight. I was completely useless because i was just so bloody tired the whole time. Much prefer playing Rugby.

AuDragon

Juniors
So true. It would be a real shame if we lost someone like inglis. I still think he is the best player going around in league at the moment. I really don't see what the attraction is in AFL. I have played a couple of games before and it is really hard work. You have to cover a lot more ground than you do playing RL, and then when your tired you still have to have the composure to kick straight. I was completely useless because i was just so bloody tired the whole time. Much prefer playing Rugby.
You're spot on! It's a different set of skills, but more importantly a totally different approach physically. You need a very high aerobic capacity no matter what position you play in AFL, while muscle mass is nowhere near as important.
Folau is known for his low stamina and I can't see Inglis being much better. cutie might become an average player, but the other two wouldn't cut it IMO.