What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Mortimer/ Endless Saga that wont seem to stop....

John_Travolta

Juniors
Ok guys, I`m not a Dogs fan but I love Rugby League like all of you, and just think this whole Resigning of Mortimer this morning was pure stupidity on his behalf. He doesn`t/nor did he need to resign, its not his fault or responsibility to Baby-sit the players and nor is it his job to "TAKE responsibility" for others actions if they may or may not have taken place, on or off the field.
A really good friend of mine said to me earlier "Mortimer just wants no part of that club anymore, well not running it anyway. Who wants to be associated with that shit? I wouldn't. "

I don`t think its the reason he quit for, sure he wouldn`t have wanted to have been the CEO when this stuff happends, But sh_it who would have thought this would kick off the sort of media storm it has, and is now developing into a major sporting "look at situation" for other codes IE AFL now aswell.

The point is I think Mortimer wanted to stay and he wrongly said I want to take some of the responsibility of whats occured.....I mean wtf is that about.

I`d like your feed back on that? Because for a guy who was one of the greatest players i`ve seen and who has been with the club he`s been with all his life, and to say the stuff he said today if well.... beyond my comprehension to put it bluntly.

Troy

Underdog

Juniors
I sort of agree that he didn't / shouldn't have to go and to be honest deep down probably he didn't want to go. Turvey wearing his heart on his sleeve did exactly what the media had been crying out for - someone from the bulldogs to take responsibility. Was it really his decision? time will tell.

Will this appease the media? I doubt it? This have given them a whole new angle to write about... not to mention more reasons to be a disruptive influence on the club.

Personally, I think the players involved in this saga have a lot to be sorry for - including the removal of two loyal club men - Gary Hughes & Steve Mortimer. The club would have been better of naming the accused players rather than sacrificing these legends.

ibeme

First Grade
Unfortunately, the club can't name the accused players without those players permission. The accusations are against individual players, not the club.

We can only hope that everything that has been done to date is truly within the best interests of the club. We can also only hope that the players stance and credibility are in some way justified, because none of them are bigger than the club, but the club seems to making big sacrifices to protect them. I hope they're worth it.

Moffo

Referee
I feel sorry for Turvey, truly the unlucky one in all this

Tried to stick his neck out for the club and it got literally knocked off

I can only hope for better times ahead

Cheers,
Moffo

John_Travolta

Juniors
Underdog, your last paragraph was spot on..... its a deffinate tragedy them TRUE LEGENDS OF THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL have to be put on the chopping Block. These players who have been accused of it should feel ashamed And wether or not they get away with what they`ve done or may not have done.... the need to take a leaf out of these greats book and realise they`ll never be greats themselves.

Troy