What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Price to retire at the end of 2010

Red Bear

Referee
Being a prick and actively trying to wreck players knees are worlds apart. Go cry some more.
Actively trying to wreck knees? I'd say there are more ways you could go about it than attempting charge downs if you desperately wanted to wreck someones knee.

One Warrior

Bench
16 Origins is a good effort considering Queensland didn't know he existed until he was, what, 28? With correct selection at rep level - he'd be in the Webcke class.

He always came across well in the media, and always seemed to stay out of the grubby stuff. Not one to earn the ire of opposition fans.

His greatest tribute? Butters bags him. Therefore hail him as a hero - the Weary Dunlop of Belmore! He did well carrying the hallowed Price name - the second best Price to play the game post war.

Actually 28 Origins for Price, most by a forward, may get to 30 but will have to get back on the field for us first. Warrior's biggest and most influential signing in it's history.

Loudstrat

Coach
Actively trying to wreck knees? I'd say there are more ways you could go about it than attempting charge downs if you desperately wanted to wreck someones knee.

Butters is a few sangas short. I'd say he a johnny come lately Victorian who is still learning about the game. Give him time ;-)

Charlie124

First Grade
Sad to see you go Pricey, definately one of the best props and all round nice guys of the game in the last 10 years. I wish him all the best for the future and hopefully we'll see him still involved in the game in some way.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
sad to see the big fella go but has done well to still be at this level at 36 and espicially in a position like prop that isn't the kindest to the body. Had plenty of respect for him after reading his book and for a guy to average 200+m over an entire season and reaching the 300m mark for some of those games is just superhuman like.

As for the grub calls, f#cking get over it will yas? Caine's injury was horrible and no matter how much i hated somone that would be something i would never wish upon them and could easily have been avoided but what happened was still within the rules and all he was trying to do is block a kick to possibly get the ball back. I'm sure he never went into games thinking "his right knee is f#cked tonight" with an evil grin on his face. Was a good thing it was cracked down on though and was unfortunate it took something like that to bring attention to it though. Only other one i can think of was on kimmorley and deserved some sort of charge IMO. Blokes like smith who mallest players in the tackle instead of just tackle them or players who constantly late shot or work players heads while on the ground etc on a regular basis fall into the grub category (bird, gallen, hodges has his moments, few more that escape me).

As for SOO 3 last year, given his normal temperment and going back to what i mentioned before after reading his book, Pricey losing a fight doesn't really surprise me that much. I was surprised he threw one in the first place, doesn't strike me as the best of brawlers.

Congrats on a great career Steve, been through some horrible times at the dogs with the scandels (espicially as captain), had to sit out and watch your team win a GF injured, in another scandel when you first arrived at the warriors (again from readin ghis book you will know the salary cap breach was from before he arrived (i think, cant remember exactly) and actually had nothing to do with him or wiki showing up) and have risen from each one.

Congrats on the 95 premiership, dogs team of the century, winning origin series and international series and captaining two clubs

nqcowboy87

Bench
the last of the nswrl players to go, its a sad day, and to all those geniuss who are giving him crap need a reality check, he plays the game hard tough and legal, and excellent ambassador off the field

DeadElvis

Juniors
Sometimes you just need to know when to call it a day.......unfortunately "Price is Right" doesn't have that ability....retire son...