What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Rogers on 2KY

Is Rogers doing a good job with the sharks?

• Yes, a very good job.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but could be better.

• No, he has a lot to improve on.

• No, he should be replaced as he hasn't performed.

• Total voters

Card Shark

Immortal
He is on the 2KY Big Sport Breakfast (1017 AM Sydney, 1341 AM Newcastle) program this morning (wed).
Time ?

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I sent an email about the warriors game. He said if he had had a crystal ball at the time of the decision they would not be playing in Perth.

He confirmed the game will be live on fox (9.30pm).

Anyone here the joke about Dykes and Tongue?

Shark

Bench
Gunna Matter said:
I sent an email about the warriors game. He said if he had had a crystal ball at the time of the decision they would not be playing in Perth.

Meaning that if he thought we would be playing this well (and therefore attracting decent crowds) then he'd not have agreed to this huge Perth offer?

Wow, that's confidence for you!

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Shark said:
Gunna Matter said:

Meaning that if he thought we would be playing this well (and therefore attracting decent crowds) then he'd not have agreed to this huge Perth offer?

Exactly. He should have consulted Stuart Raper. He also mentioned some incentive from the WARL but no actual figure. An ill conceived idea. We are going to lose a lot of money and a possible two points.

Robin Zander

Juniors
Shark said:
Gunna Matter said:

I think he meant the timing !!!
The week after playing in Melbourne & the weekend of the City/Country match.
There was no huge Perth offer. Cronulla have done this off their back & was always going to be the game against NZ.This decision dates back almost a year.

Nuffs

Bench
Robin Zander said:
There was no huge Perth offer. Cronulla have done this off their back & was always going to be the game against NZ.This decision dates back almost a year.

no offer?

that's funny considering even the WA government have confirmed a financial incentive

we would be lucky to have attracted 12,000 to a warriors game at shark park so the board decided to take the game to perth, get 14,000 + the incentive

Nuffs

Bench
sorry i should have said:

at the time of the offer, the board would have thought they'd be lucky to get 12,000 to the game. this way they were guaranteeing a financial benefit

Frenzy.

Post Whore
it was 1st reportd in the paper on 11 August last year

we will loose no money as we hav no costs to pay. no pies to buy. no pie sellas to pay. etc

we get a 6 figuer grant from WA govt to make up for gate takings and this aplies if there is only me and my littel dog at the ground

money wize it is a bonus - timing wize it could be bad - but thats only with the benefit of hindsite

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Bastard_Squad said:
What about the millions the club loses in beer sales & drunken pokie players ?

Too true BS.

I reckon this game would draw about 18,000 at Shark Park as well, especially if we beat Melbourne this weekend and the Warriors beat the Panthers at home in Auckland. There are heaps of kiwis in Sydney lets not forget.

Can anyone enlighten me what this 'six figure sum' actually amounts to? Why would the WA Gov get involved anyway? All the talk in Perth is about the Western Force rugby franchise and their two AFL teams. I reckon soccer is bigger than league in WA.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
would not be millons

hard core pokie playas at our club will still be there - see the same faces every week

beer saels made up by grant from WA govt without paying staff or taxes.

we aslo get the gate from perth and any profit from merchandice

the club isnt goin there to draw a loss financhially

Card Shark

Immortal
He appeared to me to be still happy with the decision. The money will still flow in even if it is pissing down here or there.

The oxy shot product he endorses certainly got good exposure. :)

Latest posts